Bad day @ 3.5 months .. question!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I posted several days ago about my overall recovery but I have a question.

Today I had a “bad” day. My arms were very sore and felt heavy, fatigue, mild sore throat, mild ear ache, and minor chills. Mostly just the fatigue that freaked me out.. it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it was near the beginning but any time I feel it more than I have been for the past few days, I freak out. 

Is it normal to have days like this from time to time? Do you notice that you feel more ill after not getting enough sleep? 

Also, does anyone find that any stress makes them feel sick? Even something small makes my body react like crazy! Example: partner had bad day at work and he was just telling me a story about what happened (nothing major) 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Van,

So sorry to hear that you've been hit hard today with the symptoms - most definitely yes i want to reassure you that is it very normal to have days and spells like this, even after a period where you think things are getting better these kind of mini relapses can happen - but I tended to find that some days like this you feel back to square one as if you have to deal with it all over again, but then you find it lifts again and doesn't do you the harm that you thought it was going to - and that will continue to happen that the lapses will become less and less and easier to recover from each time.

Hang in there Van, thinking of you and still trusting God with recovery for us all.

Craig

• Posted

Yep. I’m at almost 7 months and right now I woke up with horribly fatigued arms and legs and it’s super painful. I just hate it. Sleep and resting seem to trigger it. But why some days are bad I have no idea. 

It’s a good sign that at 3.5 months you only have occasional bad days! I’m still not that far in recovery. 

I hope this mini relapse passes for you fast! 

• Posted

Hey Lisa,

So sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the moment. Thinking back to about 7 months I think I felt fairly similar, just as though the progress was so slow and so minimal that it felt like I would never get there. But remember that you will, and that what you've went through in this first 7 months is by far the worst and the next period is going to be so much easier in comparisson. If it still takes a few months don't panic, it was about 10 months before I started to see a BIG turning point - and it came so quickly, big steps forward can happen in a short space of time after feeling at the same frustrating level for so long - so there is hope without any doubt Lisa, I do really truly genuinely believe you're going to make a FULL recovery and you're going to be so much stronger for this experience - trusting God with that and blessings for everyone going through hard times on the forum at this time.

Thinking of you and just take it slowly still - one day at a time!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much Craig. I feel so beaten down. I shot some basketball with my daughter, nothing too physical at all. But I think that’s what caused this relapse. Something so simple.  I feel so sick again it’s awful. It’s hard not to start thinking I have chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.  My spirit is so ready to be healthy and active. 

I have 12 months as my goal. I’m hoping I feel loads better. I love that for you it was a quick turn around. I’m orating for that day!!!! 

Much love Craig. I hope your own health problems have eased and you feel right as rain! 

• Posted

Hey Lisa,

Don't beat yourself up for doing simple things like shooting some basketball, it's not your fault it's just the way the virus goes with its ups and downs. I totally get it, I'm feeling a bit beaten down at the moment with my back too, it's really tough for sure it is, but you will get better you really will I truly believe that. It's hard not to worry about other illnesses and things I know, but really it is normal for this virus to react like that and the chances are it's just the lasting effects of this - 7 months my body was still completely beaten up so take some encouragement from that.

Hang in there and thinking of you today! Thanks for the love Lisa, much love back also and just take it easy and look after yourself.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.