bad day

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all hope you are all feeling bit better today,  ive had a horrendous day but have to blame myself it was hen party last night so had few drinks.  the flushes are just none stop today as well as the chest aches and arm numbness and anxiety horrendous im that bad today my cats r freaking me out cos they looking at me and im thinking they can sense there something wrong with me how sad is that plz x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I can totally understand as I too had a few drinks a few days ago and have never been the same since!!  My bladder is upset and my anxiety is not good.  I am on HRT and it does not mix well with alcohol and also the hormonal changes we are going through I believe do not react well to drink either.  I am certainly not going to drink again.  I am sure we will both settle down and all will be well,XX
    • Posted

thank you margaret its absolutely horrendous i took a sleeping tablet over two hours ago and still hasnt kicked in cos im too worked up.  i get married in two weeks and really dont want this to start up again as it did at beginnging.   i  not on any hrt started menopace couple weeks ago with evening primrose not sure its making any difference.  at docs on weds ill ask her see if she can suggest dont really know what else to try x
    • Posted

Try and stay calm if you can...it is what I am trying to do.  The racing thoughts of dome are so hard to deal with but it makes all symptoms worse.  Making an appt with the Docis good that will give you a plan and make you feel more in control.  That is what I am doing....a bit of a plan of attack.  I deep breath and try to distract mysef by keeping busy.  It is such a shame that only a few drinks have done this to us both...we can't even let our hair down a bit without having to pay a high price.  However, I can easily do without alcohol and for me it is just not worth it.  You will be stressed about your wedding too and excited as well!! I hope all goes well on Wed and you get some sleep.XXX
    • Posted

ah thank u x yea i just trying to potter round n tryin to ignore it but sometimes u just get so sick of it all xx
    • Posted

Oh yes...I was crying today as my tummy just burning and I felt so low......coming on here and getting a bit of support and supporting others helps me though.  May as well be useful with my experiences.XX
    • Posted

Hi.  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, I can sympathise!  I take a sleeping tablet too when I can't sleep but it doesn't always work as my mind is so active and I'm suffering anxiety/depression brought on by peri.  I also take Menopace and evening primrose and think they do help a bit.  If I have something coming up that makes me anxious, I take a Diazepam an hour beforehand and it really hepls.  Perhaps you could ask yor GP about getting them to take on the 'bad' days.  You don't want anything to spoil your big day!  My friend suffers from anxiety and took a 2mg diazepam on her wedding day and coped really well.  Good luck and best wishes for your wedding. x
    • Posted

hi michele thank u x ill see what she says on weds im ususally ok had got myself into a place of accepting what was going on and dealing with it with relaxation and other techniques but at min seems like i just cant pick myself up but hopefully it will pass x
    • Posted

yes ur right margaret this site is an absolute godsend and the ladies are fantastic with help and support x
  • Posted

Hi lol

Sorry you are having a bad day. I had a bad week crying, palpitations, and putting myself in the pysych ward for help and arguing with my boyfriend 

Pray that this week will be better 

I will pray for you just hang in there

• Posted

ah thank you . hope this week is much better for you xx
  • Posted

Hi there

I took advice from here, which hasbeen great for me maybe it might help u.

high dose of b12 for energy

high dose of b6 for hormones.

Magnesium an hour or two before bed has helped me sleep better.

I have felt soooo much better.

I do still have my off days !!!

id love something to get rid of my bloating stomach if anyone has any advice.

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.