Bad day

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm finding it very hard today, well most days recently I was doing so well with my Conselling, changing my life style and even my place of work to reduce stress. Last couple of days when I'm really tired palpitations are getting the better of me I really don't think this is normal every time I try and sit down and relax! It's getting to the point where I keep finding it hard to breathe all swallow, I'm coping with a lot than I use too I just wish now it would go away and let me live myself ๐Ÿ˜” I feel like if I don't get this sorted I'm gona end up having an heartache I just can't calm down sometimes, any one else relate?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I can relate to that, especially when it gets to a point where you think there's no going back, you're stuck in a panic state for life. But I always prove myself wrong and it does always get better and I always find relief, I don't expect I'll ever be free of anxiety, but I manage it well knowing that I sometimes have to let it ride out. Are you having these panic attacks last for longer recently? Or do you always suffer pretty bad on a regular basis?
    • Posted

So glad not just me! I feel so silly to be feelin this way! There's days where it doesn't pop into my mind or even phase me, but I find if I've had a couple of good days I have really bad days afterwards where I'm just up and down all day, today was ok felt palpitations come on but ignored them but been bad this evening where I did start to panick I just wish I could stop thinking about it
  • Posted

hi ellie - i can relate! i often find my heart palps come when i am actually not stressed, just feeling ok. they worry me then too, b/c i expect them when things are stressful! such a pain! maybe do some deep breathing or try a short meditation to calm down and redirect your attention? podcasts and sodoku help me refocus at night. hope you feel better!
    • Posted

Hi Lena, yes that's what's been happening recently they've been coming on when I'm not actually stressed and then it takes all day for me to try and calm myself down. The thing is I need a distraction but I feel so drained from it all. I do the technics and they help for abit and then I find away of stressing out again only a bad day that is, I'm just really scared I'm gona make myself Illl, I've been to the doctors had blood test ecg everything is fine. Just me
    • Posted

no - not just you! don't feel alone in this! i can 100% relate. i've had the tests too, and you feel like you can trust the results that say you're fine, until the palpitations come again and you wonder if the docs missed something... such a viscious cycle. (but the palpitations are so scary!!) hard to accept it's from stress. hope you find some quiet time to recharge!

• Posted

Hi ย can you tell me please what you mean by palpitatations? Seems they mean different things to different people. Thanks in advance. E.
    • Posted

I start feel like my hearts pounding out my chest, it goes really fast well it feels like that anyways and I start to panick and get really tense, is there any medication for anxiety other than anti depressants?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.