Bad Day

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having a bad day. I had an appointment this morning with GI and was diagnosed with IBS, which I wasn't that surprised about as it goes hand-in-hand with Fibro and I've had GI issues for the 2 years that the Fibro has been a problem. What got to me was my weight. The dr was very reassuring that it is due to all the craziness going on in my body and the fact that I can't exercise much with all the pain that I am in. It just gets me down how much weight I have gained over the last two years due to all the meds and medical problems. Added to that all the stress I have been under with my job and everything. Just needed to rant and in need of a hug ;(

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ah I'd like to give you a virtual hug. Yep sadly we are affected in many different ways and it becomes very frustrating. I work full-time and ended up having to take some time off work before Christmas, being at home I thought things would be worse, but having removed my biggest stress contributor I found that I actually felt better in myself, I was eating better and taking time to eat and the weight just dropped on now I'm back stress back if not worse and the weight back on. De-stress and see if that helps? Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Knives, 

I know the feeling I suffer from IBS for a very long time even before I discovered I had Fibromyalgia. I’m going through A bad flare up since last week. I was even in A&E with chest pain on Monday. Every new symptom is frightening cause we just don’t know if we are actually “sick” or just another “symptom”. 

My advice is to look after your mental health first and foremost because without that you won’t cope mentally therefore suffer physically. 

Get another job if you feel stressed. Iv changed jobs twice because Iv been so stressed. I work as a social care worker so it’s naturally stressful but when you add to the unnecessary stress like managers or your team then I just change jobs. Life isn’t about been miserable it’s about been happy with yourself and every bit of baggage that comes along with “you”. 

There is no cure but you can cope and you will cope as long as you look after your mental health MOST IMPORTANT!! 

Try yoga. I joined 4 weeks ago because I was at my wits end I felt I just couldn’t go on working and sleeping and been stressed out all the time. I actually had no life. I go to a class that only does a few stretches and the rest is relaxation and breathing exercises. I’m much more positive now and I’m not so stressed out. 

Saying that I’m going through a bad flare since last week and it is tough to stay positive but I keep reminding myself that this will pass. 

Chin up hun you can do this xxx

Gentle hugs 🤗 

Victoria xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.