Bad day

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 17 weeks post TKR, had a manipulation on 27th March. I am getting 115 degrees now surgeon got 130. I spent 10 weeks with a straight leg before the MUA . Today at physio I just broke down crying like a big baby, I think I'm just tired and fed up It's been a long journey and my knee was sore this morning and getting pain behind the knee which I havnt had before. Just was hoping it would all be over now, my physio gave me the " not impressed" look when I walked in to theopy as I have a limp and she reakon s I don't need to limp it's all in my head, just having a bad day today . I think I need a holiday 😁

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Like you I’ve had TKR and MUA 15mths ago I’m still in pain and I’m left with a limp. Yes it gets me down and I’m tearful . But now I make the most of it I love to walk and can walk (still in pain ) just need to take a pill . My surgeon said that 5% of people this happens too .im one of the unlucky one .....so now I just get on with life and life is wonderfull .
    • Posted

I sorry that you are still having problems at this time. I was wondering did your surgeon say WHY you are still having pain and why you have a limp? Did he give you any hope that it may improve in the future? I certainly hope that you improve. 
    • Posted

All he keeps telling me is it is normal. I'm tired of hearing it is normal. When I know for a fact this is not normal

• Posted

I lay in bed and just wonder well if I ever have a working knee again. so far going on 10 weeks it is worse then when I went in. I Could Turn Back Time I would never do it again. My life sucks right now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.