Bad dreams

Posted , 10 users are following.

Is it normal to have bad dreams, ie I dream I can't breath and am gasping for breath!!

quick bio.....I'm 48 no periods for 9/10 months, a plethero of symptons, also have inflammatory arthritis (inject MTX weekly)  fibromyalgia  asthma blood pressure anxiety 

heck.......put me down lol

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh yes...another thing to disturb my already fitful sleep.

I'm often heard saying...take me out and shoot me now! Lol

• Posted

I feel your pain, lol, one "condition" causes fatigue, the other insomnia !!!!
  • Posted

I feel for you

Sleep deprivation/ dreams etc horrible!

I'm 6 weeks with broken sleep every night! AHHHH

I had a better night after epsom salts bath who knows!

• Posted

hi joy i too seem to dream a lot and wake up often.  I was thinking of haveing an epsom salt bath but not sure how much to put in, what do you suggest joy. x
  • Posted

Yes, I have bad dreams, as well as just totally weird ones. I quite often dream that I am with family members who have died.

I have felt so ill recently I keep thinking I am going to join them soon.

My doctors dont agree, and nor does my husband. Just have to hang on in there and hope I suppose.

• Posted

Hi Carole. I'm sending you a big hug ((( )))  Your message really touched me. especially as you don't seem to have the support you need at this time.

In what way are you feeling ill? Is it being caused by the menopause? The people on here will be able to offer you support and advice so please reach out to them. XX

• Posted

Thankyou. You are really sweet.  I am peri-menopausal - that is official. I have had a bit of hypothyroidism, long periods - lasting 8 weeks - finished about a week ago. I was very anaemic so before christmas my Dr sent me for an endoscopy and colonoscopy - results negative - thank goodness.

I was so freaked out by the cancer scare that I ended up getting terrible panic attacks and visiting A & E 3 times - all with OK results, except I was told I had a small heart murmur.  This has since been confirmed as probably brought on by extreme stress at the time, and nothing else.

I was so upset during all this that I stupidly got drunk and had a fall, and now get neck ache, headache and nausea.  My doctor knows about all this and Ive been put on sertraline and proponolol.  I had a CT scan which seemed OK.

I dont really have any friends where I live, and I'm always in a panic hwne my husband isnt here - luckily he can work from home quite a bit of the time.

Anyway, thanks again. Your'e message made me cry. I'm sure I'm just over dramatizing everything.

• Posted

You have friends here! I have forgotten how it feels to feel totally well...so you are not alone. x
    • Posted

Carole, once again I'm touched by another fellow sufferer, you won't be going any where any time soon I'm sure, I also experienced that type of dream, I dreamt my deceased brother rang me to say he wasn't dead and needed my help, I'm sure it's anxiety and our blasted hormones.

im new to this site and an truely overwhelmed by the kindness shown to me xxx

• Posted

oh carole hun don't think that, I also have some very weird dreams and some include dead familie members too but we can't control what we dream and there's no way your joining them yet, keep fighting this hurrendous time in our life and we'll get through it and hopefully still be contributing to help others when we'v come through it. sending you a comforting hug xx
    • Posted

Thanks ever so much.  I realy feel helped by this forum. 

My brother in law died suddenly in his sleep just over 2 years ago - OK he wasnt well, but noone expected that. He was 56. He was alsoone of my best friends. I have been taking diazepam for anxiety for quite a long time, and have recently been coming off it. I think alot of the anxieties, depression and grief I am feeling is because I didnt really grieve properly when he died due to the numbing of the sedatives.

Horrible drug - and I choose the perimenopause as the time to come off it!!   I wouldnt recommend this particular path to anyone, but I do have to get through it.

• Posted

Thanks again and again for your support.  I am starting to feel there is hope out there.  I feel like maybe when I go out I may pass one of you lovely ladies in the supermarket, and although we dont know each other 'out there' we are going through the same stuff.

Hugs to you too XX

• Posted

Hi, a friend of me mentioned that she had this very same thing and I also experienced something very similar. She told me that it was another thing that is caused by hormone fluctuations. Mine didn't happen all the time just every so often so I think she is probably right. She had read up about it.its like a false suffocation. If you are worried you could speak to the Doc but I expect it could be yet another perimenopause symptom. Mine isn't so bad now, that phase seems to have passed so hopefully yours will too. It is very frightening and made me scared to go back to sleep, which sounds ridiculous now but I remember how scared and unwell it made me feel at the time. Xxx
    • Posted

It's terrifying, it's happened several times, I wake up with clenched fists and tense all over, it doesn't help that I'm asthmatic, it all feels so real. It's like sleep comes rarely and then when you do you get bad dreams !!!!! Is there no hope lol eek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.