Bad dreams and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

lately my anxiety has been really high, tonight I've woken up twice with really bad dreams, never had this before. Is this anxiety related? Thanks

Brian

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes nightmares are a symptom of anxiety.

Aniety causes nightmares,nightmare cause anxiety!!!!!

Its a vicious cycle.

Sometimes meds can cause them as well, I know when I took zopiclon

years ago its gave me awful night terrors

Anxiety sucks,we just have to try and stay stong,though its hard sometimesbiggrin

• Posted

Thanks Lynne, I figured it probably was, I just never remember my dreams and tonight I had two bad ones, this is getting ridiculous. It seems to keep getting worse, I'm shaky, my head feels like something is squeezing my brain, afraid to leave the house. God help us all.

Brian

• Posted

Yes Shaman it is anxiety related i use to have really bad nightmares where i woke up having a panic attack 

There are times I wake up from a really deep sleep with my heart racing because i woke up to fast and that scares me too. 

It will go away just do deep breathing to help your anxieties when you wake up with these nightmares 

Elizebeth

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth, it's a strange condition, it keeps presenting new symptoms lol I'm trying also to start a meditation routine and see if that helps.

Brian

• Posted

Thats good that should help lessen the anxiety dreams that you have

Elizabeth

• Posted

yeah this is very common. 

how long have you been struggling with anxiety for?

• Posted

Very long time, but last year my Mom passed away and after that it became much worse. Trying to see a psychiatrist, but still waiting on an appointment.
    • Posted

Thanks Lynne, you too and hope we can all get through this and back to a better life.

Brian

• Posted

hey Brian,

I'm in a similar position. My anxiety came back very strong after the recent passing of a friend, and i'm having a hard time dealing with it.

What country are you from?

How are the mental health services there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.