bad dreams / nightmares

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey evry1

hope u r all well. im in week 16 of flu and im currently experiencing horrible dreams. this is the 4th night in a row. im wondering if anybody is experiencing the same. i love dreaming but im starting to wonder why they r so weird.

all the best

m

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi M

Yep, me too - really helps with the sleep deprivation, NOT!!

Had some night terrors around week 4 and then nothing til about week 13 and now more nights than not.

Do you sometimes have funny dreams too? I do. Prefer those although they still wake me up.

Are you having counselling at the mo? Found it quite interesting to mention the less confusing ones to my counsellor to get a different perspective on them.

Some of them i would locked up in a small room for :lol: ....but hey they are only dreams - but scary at the time. Probably another side effect of this damn drug.

Apart from the dreams, how are you doing?

Best wishes mate. x

• Posted

HI MP i have had loads of bad dreams recently as well and its woken me up and its been hard to get back to sleep again and just like you i didnt use to suffer from this its only a recently thing?

Hope your well

Nicki x

• Posted

hey meganpooch,

this site can work some wonders :lol: the weird dreams stoped when i posted the last 1.

strangely tho, last night i had bad dreams again :?

the dreams make me feel uncomfortable. in the dreams i am a victim of something and there is nothing i can do about it. i only make it worse :shock:

yeah i'm really good at the moment. i'm enjoying life. i'm happy and i make other peeps around me happy 2 8)

the new flat i moved 2 is the best. i feel free and like if i have all the time in the world. that could also just be spring tho :wink: i think i always feel good in spring and summer time. end of autum when evrything dies my moods go 2 maybe. i don't know :P

i'm just back from a job intrview for a job i realy want. maybe thats what caused the bad dream last night :roll: i think i have a good chance to get it. with my positiv mood and that the manager fancies me i think :lol: i have a good feeling.

i hope u feel as i do. i must say i quite like flu. so far i've been good since they started to work and that is a month now. they put a smile on my face :D i realy hope it lasts.

enjoy the nice day

m

• Posted

Hi M

Yep, i'm good at the moment apart from the dodgy dreams.

Found counselling really helps now as i can explain the less weird ones to her and the things that seem to come out of them is that people are trying to take things away from me or that i'm vunerable.

It's useful to get a different perspective on things from her.

My 1st counsellor through the NHS was worse than useless but this one which is private is brilliant and not too expensive at £35 for 50 mins.

I'm glad the move has made such a wonderful difference to you.

I wonder what tonights dreams will bring - think i'm due a funny one soon. :lol:

It felt good today and yesterday being so warm. I'm not a winter person either. Hopefully a decent summer to come.

Best wishes mate and i hope the good mood continues. smile

• Posted

[quote:62b7a51766=\"miscellaneous\"]hey evry1

hope u r all well. im in week 16 of flu and im currently experiencing horrible dreams. this is the 4th night in a row. im wondering if anybody is experiencing the same. i love dreaming but im starting to wonder why they r so weird.

all the best

m[/quote:62b7a51766]

yeah, smile i've been on various anti depressants over the past 6 or 7 years and many of them do give the occasional bad dream, although rarely do i have an out and out nightmare :evil:

being a freudian i tend to try to analyse the dreams afterwards in an attempt to make sense of my life.many of them are floating dreams, floating uncontrollably in mid air, having nothing to grip onto, as if caught in a limbo or purgatory.

in me, these bad dreams seem to relate 2 a feeling in my waking life of being \"cut adrift\" somehow. :o

• Posted

this is magic :D

i didn't have 1 last night.

im glad 2 know that i'm not alone with this 1 :D

they r not really nightmares just uncomfortable and really strange. its the fealing of them that can wake me up. almost like if my depression turnd into my dreams and is hiding there now?? :?

lets hope i dont have another 1 tonight after posting this. :lol:

all the best

m

• Posted

I didn't have one either - the 'post' magic must be working. :lol:

MP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.