Bad earaches for 2 months the cause is weird..

Posted , 1 user is following.

Both of my ears have been extremely painful, especially when  bending down. The pressure is unbearable. Went to a GP and he checked my ears and said they look fine. Must be Eustachian Tube problem. He gave me amoxicillin and steroid nose spray. It hasn't helped at all. He said it could be allergic  reaction to something. That's when it occurred to me that I had cleaned out my mealworm raising trays the day before I started having earaches. I've raised mealworms to feed Bluebirds for years.The mealworms live in uncooked oatmeal and I feed them organic baby carrots. their poop is called frass and it's kind of like an orangey dry, dusty substance. I sifted all the mealworks out and put the frass in a container (about 3 lbs  of it) to put on the plants in my garden. I normally do this on the deck but it was raining and I wantrd to get it done. I didn't wear my respirator. BIG mistake. I must have inhaled a bunch of dust because this all started the next day. I'm 90% sure it was the frass dust (I've read from mealworm growers that it has 17 allergens in it) but I've been taking Claritin, switching off with Benadryl for weeks and my ears are as  bad or worse then in the beginning.The pain is going down my jaw and into my neck on both sides and I have a  constant headache. Should I try going to an ENT? Or and allergist? I hate doctors and don't want the runaround and unnecessary tests. Any ideas? Sick of living like this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.