Bad experience with anesthesia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a really bad experience yesterday getting Propofol for my colonoscopy. It burned like HELL going in!

No one warned me, I was thrashing around it hurt so bad, they had to hold me down. Also, the oxygen tube in my nose started having a really strange smell at the same time, I felt like I was smelling and tasting nail polish, What was that??? That was traumatic too because I couldn't get away from that either!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Karen , so sorry youve had such a horrid time but hopefully you wont have another experience like that ever again , my husband had a similar thing happen to him the first time he had a colonoscopy , he had a horribe time and was passing out for days after , unfortunatley they called him back for a second one which he refused due to the horrid time he had .... long story but he had a meeting with the consutant who explained about all the different types of anaesethic available and so he did go through with it again but was put to sleep and didnt remember a thing thankfully so if by any chance you have to repeat the colonoscopy there are options for you but hopefully you wont need to go back . Hope that helps .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.