Bad eyesight -> dry eyes?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello

I'm 25 and i feel like my eye sight has worsened significantly in this past 2 year. I've visited 2 different ophthalmologist, and both of them said that my sight is fine, my eyes are fine, and that the problems are just my eyes eyes being dry. As i works as a Software engineer, this is pretty plausible. I've been prescribed Lacrycon Lacrycon.

When i use these drops, my sight slightly improves.... for 2-3 minutes. And then just goes back to being "bad".

Now for my actual issue:

I just can't seem to focus properly anymore. I can sit on my couch, which has always been at the same position and at the same distance from my tv. I can literally not read the text on screen anymore, without squinching (is that a word?) my eyes. And even then, its barely readable. Additionally, i have started seeing more eye floaters on my left eye, which i guess is normal with ages.

The couch -> Tv is just used because its easy to describe. I'm noticing this issue on many different occasions.

I'm not saying the ophthalmologist diagnosis is wrong, but the eye drops they gave me clearly are not working. To be fair, i haven't called either of them to say this, so i will surely do so next week. But for now, it would be interesting to see if other people here have similar issues.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.