Bad fall, cracked or bruised ribs?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bad fall from some stairs and landed flat on concrete on my chest, it knocked the wind out of me with an audible escape of air. I hit my head too but the headache has gone away. Neck pain is still there and the rib pain. Man oh man the rib and chest pain. I'm doing heating pads at night on them and my back right side. The pain goes to my right shoulder and to my stomach. I'm out of town right now and messaged the doctor back home. She said to come in when I got home. Still having a hard time breathing.

My question is, do you guys think it's cracked or just bruised?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It may well be one or more cracked ribs. I have a friend who fell and didn't have much pain until the next day. We checked his symptomps online and broken/cracked rib came up as one of the main possibilities, but he didn't believe it. Later he went to see a doctor - it was a cracked rib.

Take care, and try not to move too much. Best of luck with your recovery!

• Posted

Thank you. Yeah the pain just seems to be getting worse. I'm on the road today and tomorrow to get back home from vacation and if I take a deep breath it feels like something sharp poking my lung. Thanks again. Will definitely be seeing the doctor when I get back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.