Bad feeling,Hot and Cold sweats...normal?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

I went to Drs about 6 weeks ago and was told im suffering with Anxiety and Depression after i explained how im feeling and doing that test thing (sorry not sure whats its called).Im a 26 year old female,happily married...

Im just wondering if this is all normal... I get a bad feeling,its sort if in my chest/throat/head i feel like something bad is about to happen and it makes me feel sick with worry even tho im not particually worrying about anything...it can last for up to 3days then im ok for a few days and then it just repeats, when i feel tis way i cant eat and struggle to drink.

These next things i get every day...

I also get hot and cold sweats, im either sweating and feeling flushed or freezing cold and wrapping up in bankets..

When i get up in the morning after an hour or 2 im tired again so sleep wake up sleep and so on..

I get a dry mouth and no matter how much water i drink its still dry,ive been very snappy and get annoyed easily...

Some days i cant leave my house and others i hate being here and just want to be at my mums, i cant read books atm or watch certain programes as they give me weird/bad dreams that stick in my head all day and worry me...even disney films are doing this (its pathetic).

Im sorry for long post just needed to see if anyone elses gets any of this,please tell me your story and anything that might help..

Stacey x

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Also have been having a very fast heart beat and been put on Amitriptylene and proparanol (hope ive spelt them right)
  • Posted

Hi Stacey

the dry mouth is mostly from your medicine.  Common side effect.  The rest of the symptoms I believe are from your anxiety you are experiencing.  I am sure you will get more responses tmrw.  

• Posted

Hello, Stacey. I too have cold and hot flashes,Horrible anxiety,am super snapy,Have horrible sleep,Have hard time reading books and watching certain things,and i am awfly tired.... Also i live at home but i know what u mean about wanting to be nowhere but home or anywhere but there lol..... Okay so this was me a few weeks ago... About 5-6 weeks ago actually. I did something stupid that flaired my anxiety up that trust me i will NEVER do again lol. I did not reaolize it till i started getting better though. In order to get better i ( during a panic attack) splashed almost ice cold water on my face,I did ALOT of yoga and breathing methods. I thought that along with the self-talk would be a stupid waiste of time but really it works wonders. I origionally turned to this site because anyone i knew wouldent give me advice because the answer would be... you are just doing this for attention or it would be something like you are too young for anxiety this is just your hormons and you are over reacting.... they were wrong. Once i started opening up to my mom i reaolized that it is SSSOOOOOO much better having someone to talk to who understands it and will listen to you. ( my mom has same thing) Google is great for finding good yoga and breathing and meditation. I know i am getting better and faster then i thought will all support and healthy mind.... I hope something/anything i said helps out in one way or another.... Sorry for spelling and gramer errors... I am super tired and  have dogs crawling on me every two seconds lol...... cool STAY CHILL
  • Posted

Hi Stacey, it really does sound like the anxiety that i had for many years, when i things i saw and did use to trigger unresolved fears and history, and i didnt understand why. Its almost like when i moved away from home, these old feelings that were triggered by everything from disney movies to everyday experiences, and csused me to think about them, sometimes incessently, as i personalized them, from past experiences that wete not resolved involving parenting i had with a mother from early childhood years, that surfaced in this strange, obcessive, worrysome and anxious way..as weird as this sounds..i would then be anxious when i went to sleep, and would have disturbed sleep and would have very strange dreams that were upsetting, that i would think about and try to understand them. It just so happened my husband was an intellectual type that seemed to trigger me to think way to much in addition to this, which made it worse fir me. I dont know if i was adjusting to the differences from living away from home, as if i was disloyal or something strange like that, even though i didnt want to ever go back in time and relive my childhood. I handled this on my own without medications, and instead began taking magnesium (magnesium glycinate) for a restless sleep, cognition, and obsessive moods, but took this with calcium (2x a day in a 1:1 ratio) with D3 (2000 mg), with mega dose of b complex (stress vitamins) learning that these together were all needed together for the right absorption, which helped so much, along with cognitive therapy, to learn what was triggering this heightened anxiety, which was from my subconscious, i had been told. hormonal and mood changes from daily caffeine, malabsorption of vitamins, birth control medication, and deficient in magnesium (glycinate) which effected my anxiety and hormone levels in so many ways. The counseling therapy helped very much also, and i no longer have the anxious and worrysome thoughts that consumed me in younger years, which so often evolved around pleasing others and being so self efacing, so that other adults around me were contented at all times. I learned this was engrained in my childhood, to which i did not question, and was causing me tremendous anxiety and unsettledness. I enlisted healthy mentoring and intermittent cognitive therapy, along with the other health changes above, and this helped me very much.
  • Posted

Thank you all for your quick replys,nice to see im not the only one u at 4am lol im gad that your anxiety has gone away cheria and that youve found ways or dealing wth it,gives me hope that it wont be around forever!

Its nice to see(im not glad you have it just feel better is not just me) that you to have the thoughts about being in/out the house chick30548 though i was just being strange,i got to the point i couldnt go in my bedroom for a few days as it gave me a bad feeling. My mum also suffers and has bi polar,she made me go to the drs as my mood and general self had changed for the last few months and she was worried. I dont think i could ever make it without her.

...i feel better reading your storys and am going to try your ways or helping ease the anxiety...

i have found that doing the crossword and puzzles in magazines help take my mind off things as my brain is busy, never know i might even win one day smile x

• Posted

Hi Stacy,

All these things seem to be pretty common with anxiety, I have or have had most of them in the past.

The thing I want to focus on is the hot/cold sweats. I'm now on citalopram and its eased a lot of my anxiety symtoms but I still wake up every night in the small hours or if I'm lucky the morning, dripping with sweat (bit disgusting!) If I remove the covers I feel cold so I dont feel like I'm too hot necessarily. Is this what you are referring to when you say hot and cold sweats or something else? Is it usually at night? It's really getting me down.

I also get dry mouth - it was temporarily made worse when I started on the medication but I had it pretty bad before so I think it can be an anxiety symptom as well as a medication side effect.

Good luck x

• Posted

The hot cold in bed you describes and night is spot on with how i am at night! My husband says i feel sticky when im like that.

I hate it,i wake constantly,i also have back problems and always wake with pins and needles, ive gotten to the point where i hate sleeping...also feel really hot in the day and then suddenly ill be freezing..then it goes away and im fine for a few hours...its so weird..

Thank you all for your replys i really appreciate it and will happily try and take any advice and tips with how you all manage with it...

• Posted

Stacey, a lot of these symptoms sound familiar. My GP has given me medication which is working well. I take Mirtazapine and Pregabalin, but I think I am a lot older than you. Just to say, you are not alone. Many of us have been through this stage and come out the other end. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi, Stacey. I think your symptoms are similar to those described on the leaflet for Pregabalin. Probably applies to other medications as well. In other words, you are suffering from anxiety. I can understand that even Disney films worry you - I've been there. I'm much better now, thanks to my doc. I'm going to try the Mindfulness which doctors and therapists have recommended. My niece is a GP: she suffered with anxiety a year ago and took medication and did the Mindfulness thing so I know it's valuable. And it doesn't put weight on !!

Good luck.

• Posted

What is mindfullness? Im so glad tou undestand about the films, people look at me funny when i say i cant watch the at the mo...i hope it passes soon as i used to love watching them with my little brothers... x
    • Posted

Mindfulness is a system of relaxing. I am buying the audio book which is about ten pounds but your GP should be able to guide you. I had a few therapy sessions last year which helped me then and are still helping and during the last session the therapist demonstrated a few minutes of Mindfulness. If you get the chance to have therapy, grab it.
  • Posted

Hello

I have what you have discussed above its like your waiting for something bad to happen am going through the same thing but mine has lack of energy and no interest in doing day to day things and am also having hot and cold sweats and when get hungry I make something then I don't want it i am also feeling rough and it feels like my heart is going to burst out of my chest also get sweaty hands and chills not sleeping very well and feels like my legs are shaking when walking when get up in the morning I get very tired very quickly I don't know what's going on but it's scary so have booked appointment with my doctor tomorrow hopefully get some answers hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.