Bad few days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Been on my new meds (duloxetine) for 4 days now! Feeling a bit down and more anxious.

Went back to docs today and told me to keep taking it as all anti-depressants give u side effects at first.

Hope am better before Monday 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

U won't be better till at least two weeks. U need to bare the side effects to get the improvements. I'm on week 7 of meds 
  • Posted

It will take a little time Hun. Just be mindful that the majority of what you are feeling right now could be down to side effects which will pass over the next few weeks. Your medication also needs a little time to settle into your system before you feel any beneficial effects but most people begin to feel better from about week 4 onwards.

Keep posting here on the forum if you need support or reassurance.

We are here for you. 

I have a FB group called Mental Health support group(A problem shared) that many of the people on this forum has joined. You are quite welcome to join xxx

• Posted

Hi Gillian, what an excellent idea to start a support group...I am sure that it will help many... I have been on sertraline. For so long I cannot remember when I started it.. I have been lucky.... it literally saved my life.....

Facebook is a great way to keep in touch and encourage other sufferers of this life draining condition... I will certainly have to log on to your page... well done, I am sure it helps many...

Take care, kind regards to you...Deirdre x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.