Bad flare e

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi I was diagnosed 2year ago after the initial "bout" it's been not to bad I do all the norm cotton underwear,emollients for washing etc I am in a flare at the moment and it's bad really bad the itching is way beyond anything I have had before it has reduced me to tears I was sat in the bath (clear water) at 2am just for some relief is there anything else I can try I'm desperate.I have also been diagnosed with lichen planus which has decided to join in! Any help would be appreciated ...x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathleen, have you tried adding a small amount of baking soda to your bath 1/3 cup to a full bath. Also use the Clobetasol dermovate ointment daily for a while till things settle again. I use coconut oil and Epaderm to lubricate things and to ensure that the area is kept spotlessly clean and moisturised. Try to cut out sugar a bit and drink plenty to help your urine be less acidic. Good luck x
    • Posted

Thankyou for taking the time to reply I will try the baking soda that's the same cream I use as for sugar I'm diabetic so that's a no go anyway and I do drink lots and lots of water ( keeps my bowels happy!!) the itching is my main source of agony it's very distressing going to have another soak in bath it's the only time I have any sort of relief....thanks again....x

• Posted

Bung a load of baking ( bicarbonate ) soda in the bath, it really helps.......  I buy it by the kilo from well known websites, but you can always use any you have in your house.

• Posted

Thankyou will be getting some in first thing tomorrow!....Thankyou...x
  • Posted

So sorry this might help l have LS l rinse myself with Pure Tes Tree oil 4 drops in s cup of warm water then l put Active Manuka Honey mine is 10 + l find this amasing wait 5 10 mins until it works it has been a blessing for me
  • Posted

Hi Kathleen sorry you have this and hope your getting some relief from your flare, I think sometimes when stressed it seems to bring it on worse so try to keep as calm as you can, I know it's really hard sometimes, I stay away from all spice and acidic foods and sugar if I can resist otherwise it really upsets my mouth... I was diagnosed years ago but didn't have any symptoms then it was my dentist that sent me for a biopsy.. It's the last few years iv struggled with it... I had an abnormal smear test years ago and had some treatment and it was around this time this LP was diagnosed...I'm 58 and went through the menopause in my 40s;. How old are you Kathleen? 

• Posted

I'm 60but feel 80 lol my mouth at the moment is quite good thank god! There have been times where eating at all was a struggle but I now use Oranurse flavourless toothpaste which is just fantastic and I have been prescribed a mouthwash and moisturiser all in one and dry mouth lozenges my scalp flares up a lot but the "down below dept) is the most distressing hoping it will ease soon.I had a total hysterectomy when I was 29 the worst thing I ever did I'm glad they don't do it so readily today.thankyou for taking the time to reply ...x

• Posted

Tough situation to be in. 

?Things that come to mind:  what do you do for diet?  sugar is our worst enemy.  So is stress.

?Did you try baking soda or borax in the bath?  Baking soda rinses or borax rinses after every bathroom visit?  Look for more info on borax at 'an experiment with borax'.  It has helped many.

?

?Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi Thankyou for replying I'm diabetic so no sugar and I have no stress at all I used the baking soda for the first time tonight so fingers crossed!...x

• Posted

Hi K, oh your poor thing, sounds awful.  I was up in the night going crazy a while back that I eventually took sleeping tablets - crazy hey?  I saw a Gynae privately and within 10 minutues she diagnosed me and gave me 'Dermovate Ointment' which gives me immediate relief.  Do you have this?  I also ordered Repasine cream together with the tablets which I use during the day.  I bath in SALT in the evenings and have excluded sugar completely from my diet.  I believe EMUAID from Amazon is good too.  Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Thankyou for replying yes I have had this cream but when I'm in a flare nothing will touch it only soaking in the bath gives me relief I do not have sugar as I'm diabetic but will give the salt a go....dare I say it's less painful today! Hope its reached its peak!....thanks again....x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.