bad headaches after cholecystomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I am looking for some advice.

My mum had a cholecystomy 6 days ago and since then she is suffering with really bad headaches. I was wondering whether this is a normal thing after the operation? She also had really low blood pressure but when asked doctors they said it must be because she is not mobile.

I am panicking a bit as I am not sure whether the headaches are a norm after this type of op.

Has anybody else suffered with it? Would be grateful for some advise.

thank you.

Aga

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aga, Until yesterday I couldnt have said I had,  but I had my op two weeks ago today and yesterday and today have started  a headache which is unusual me.Im also feeling  very hot  but have no temp. Im thinking it may be to do with  the bile as I seem to be having a big of reflux but not sure. I am going to the drs for a check up tomorrow any way so am going to mention it. I will let you know what shes says and wether it is a normal thing after the op.I have heard some people get headaches after anathestic so it could just be from that it takes a while to get out of your body.

Is your Mum drinking lots because I found i was very dehydrated after the op so try and push the fluids . If it continues  get her to see the Dr but hopefully it will settle.

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your reply.

My first thought was, as you suggested, that she may be dehydrated but she is having plenty of fluids.

She doesn't seem to have any major signs of reflux. She is still in a lot of pain (mainly back,ribs, incision in her belly button) but from the stomach side she is only a bit nauseas. And this low blood pressure that worries me. If it carries on I will take her to doctors but at the moments she says to wait and that she will be fine (like all mums do!)

I hope you will start feeling better soon and please keep me updated with what your doctor said. Thank you again and take care.

Aga

• Posted

So sorry so long getting back. In the end I couldnt get an appointment as Gp on anual leave. I have realised now my headaches are down to the bile. I realise now i upset things by having a small piece of chicken over a couple of days but  my sytem just cant cope with that yet so im back to very sloppy easily digested things and its settling nicely. The headaches have improved as well I went all day yesterday without one. I am hoping  by now your Mum is feeling  better.
    • Posted

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad you started feeling better now and found out what was causing you problems.

We took mum to the doctors today to mention headaches and low blood pressure (plus dizziness,sweating as she has developed these symptoms since) and doctor is suspecting an infection and prescribed some antibiotics. If this isn't helping, she will need to go to hospital.

So - really good that yours is not an infection, but if you do not feel any improvement or start to feel any worse, please do not delay and get checked by the doctor.

Aga

• Posted

Hi Aga, So sorry to hear about your Mum but at least now they have found out the problem and hopefully get her sorted very soon. Im going to the drs monday for a check over  but things seem to be settling for me . I wish your Mum a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.