Bad headaches and over thinking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there does anyone else get pain in there temples and a pressure feeling in the top of there head that can last for a couple of weeks? I then over think it and google everything which Is then not good for my anxiety. This has just started happening so it’s a new symptom for me but it does mainly happen around ovulation and my periods. I also have so many aches and pains in my joints. I’m 42 now and last had bloods done a year ago but my fsh levels were fine but I don’t feel fine. Sorry for rambling xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hun dont apologise for being a woman, and one who I think is surely begining the menopause route. Things may get alot worse before they get better so keep in regular contact with your dr who at least tested you a while ago. I have bloods done every 2 weeks at moment to monitor what is happening. I have a dr who is also my friend and he is very understanding and hates to see me suffer! I am lucky to have him and such a good family (all men) to support me, they are all wonderful and put up with alot! ONLY YOU know how you are feeling and if you are feeling bad, dont put it off, go and see someone. You may have hormones within the so called normal levels but it may not be your normal so you need to see someone about it. You dont say if you take any supplements. That is also something for you to consider. B ut never forget there is always someone here to care and share with you. YOU ARE NEVER ALONE IN THIS. lots of love XXX
    • Posted

Hi Tina

Thank you so much for your kind words yes I do take supplements I take magnesium, vit b complex, starflower and evening primrose oil and I try to cut out as much sugar and caffeine as possible and I limit dairy too. I also have regular acupuncture  which helps a lot and I’ve been on escitalpram for 13 years for anxiety. The anxiety started after the birth of my second child which again is hormones. Xxx

• Posted

Hey Foxy, I have talked to alot of ladies on here and I'm convinced that some of the problems some ladies have can and are connected to long term use of antidepressants. You may need to have them reviewed I know I wish I had had mine reviewed instead of just taking them for 10 years. I still suffer from the side effects today and I avoid them like the plague. Long term use can cause allsorts of problems and the trouble is that there is not enough known about what long term use can do to you. Think about having them reviewed just in case they are doing more harm than good! XXX

• Posted

Oh my goodness yes..the head pressure plus anxiety was my first symptom of perimenopause and I thought I was going crazy or dying..the pressure lasted a few weeks and then honestly just went away.. i did take a decongestant for a week or 2, seemed to help..And yes, I’m currently dealing with achy joints and a very painful back..Heating pad and Advil seem to help some.. Try not to google too much..although it’s how I found out I was in perimenopause, which was a good thing, it’s given me too much anxiety so I have stopped googling symptoms and I’m much better off! Take care and reach out, we are here. This forum has definitely saved my sanity!! 
    • Posted

Hi Amy, where exactly does your back hurt? I've been dealing witha painful back also. It comes and goes but when it comes it stays for awhile.

• Posted

Hi Mary- Well, in the last year or so my back hurt between my shoulder blades a LOT..for probably 2-3 weeks, on and off..but now just this week for the last 3-4 days my lower back has been in horrible pain..I’ve taken a lot of Advil and used heat and no relief yet at all! Absolutely nothing helps make it feel any better..So this is a new back pain that has no cause that I can figure out. I didn’t lift anything, do any strenuous tasks or anything..ugh..so I’m trying to go about my normal life but wow, am I sore! 
  • Posted

I had bad headaches still have anxiety  Ibuprofen works for me for the headaches  The natural vitamins called zen  you can order it on Amazon. helps my anxiety love it I would get my blood work checked again for low  estrogen  Hope This helps
  • Posted

Is there a blood test that to  show if the hrt is working. What should be the level

• Posted

your primary care Doctor can give you the test or they can refer you to a clinic to do the test for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.