Bad insomnia and restless legs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies

I've always had problems with my sleep but the last 3 weeks has been super bad. When I get to bed I'm terribly restless. My body squirms and my legs are fidgety as he'll preventing me from going to sleep. I probably have about 2 hours a night if that. My magnesium spray hasn't really helped. I need to stop this restlessness to get sleep 😴

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I could have written this as it's so like me at the moment ! I can just about cope with the hot flushes, weight gain, spots and bad moods but the worst symptom of all is lack of sleep, particularly while I'm working a full time job. Restless legs are horrid. Last night I had 2 magnesium tablets and a banana which seemed to help a lot. Still didn't sleep well though 😴 I'm wondering when we will ever feel good and energised ? X

• Posted

That's right. If I could just get 5 hours sleep a night everything would be a lot better. The trouble is it's on your mind. When these restless feelings ease I will be able to drop off hopefully x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I totally sympathise with you.  I have had RLS since I was a teen and the menopause has caused it to go to extremes!  I take a Homoeopathic tablet by NatraBio.  I find on the whole it helps although occasionally like the other night I didn't get to sleep till 4.30am!  Give it a go, you can find it on ebay its called Restless Legs tablets.  They are not expensive.  Good luck x

• Posted

Thankyou so much. The last 3 nights as soon as I've gone to bed it feels like I want to throw off my legs and my body just can't settle. I got to sleep 5 am 2 nights ago and last night I had 2 hours,etc. Is this stuff safe to take?

• Posted

no worries.  Yes it is safe, it is a natural remedy.  I am terrified of taking drugs and would not risk anything I didn't trust.  It's worth a try

• Posted

Hi Michelle. sorry you're having such trouble sleeping at present. they always say we can deal with most things if we can get a good nights sleep, so i appreciate from experience what good it does to a person having a decent night's sleep. on the prescription side of sleep aids, i have taken in the past & on/off if my brain won't switch off, half a lorazapem (1mg split in half with a pill splitter) & its enought to make me sleep well without feeling groggy the next day. my gp recommended it from her own use of it when she can't switch off at bedtime!!! its not a sleeping tablet, just a tranquilizer - and a low dose too. you can just take it when you need it or more regularly if needed. on the health shop side, valerian capsules are supposed to be very useful to aid sleep taken before bedtime- have a look at the h & b website.  hope this helps hun. sweet dreams...........

xxx

• Posted

Went through this annd still get the restlessness sometimes. Hot flushes

are waking me up all night now. Argh...😠😠

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.