bad knees with Fibro

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there i am new to this forum and wondered does anyone has lots of knee pain with fibromalgia,i dont know what to do as if i exercise it gets worse

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I have trouble with my knees, the left one had bad arthritis so that's a bionic knee, the right one has a little arthritis, nothing much but it gets really painful. Today, I can hardly weight bare on it, tomorrow it could be fine or just as bad/worse. I've had fibro for over twenty years, I've come to terms with it mostly but sometimes it will do something unexpected like my hands, I am struggling to use them. Thank goodness for iPads!

take care and keep your knees warm

Shelagh x

• Posted

Yes bad knees.   It comes and goes. Sometimes I can have it for weeks and makes going up the stairs almost impossible. Then it goes and I can do the stairs again no problem.  It was wrongly diagnosed as osteoarthritis but now we know it's just the fibro.  Baths with epsom salts added help me as does a heat pad.Proper footwear is a must. Fibro symptoms are different for all of us it's just a case of learning to cope with your particular fibro.  Take care.
  • Posted

Hi , the last few months i have been suffering pain from the knees down. I am finding that i cant walk as far as i would like, the pain is constant but is worse after a little walk. I have had fibro for years. My Aunty sugested aid to help me walk. But i dont want to.silly i know 43 this month, kind of hoping pain will go. Use hot bottle alot , take vit D every day not noticed anything yet but guess you have to take them for a while. Also tried magnesium spray & bath flakes not helped me but has eased some peoples pain on this forum. Get some good tips to try. We all understand. smile
  • Posted

Hi there, my knees are not good either especially the right one and seem worse in the cold. I endorse all what the others have said, stressing good footwear. Have you had your knees checked with scans and X-rays? Sometimes physiotherapists can help, especially with muscle imbalances, and give you a gentle exercise program that strengthens them rather than hurting them. 

Often with fibro there is no obvious reason for pain, just part of the syndrome. Taking magnesium supplements also  help with muscle spasms.

Good luck.

Meg

• Posted

Hi Missleigh

Yes, particularly my left knee, especially when climbing the stairs.  I thought this was linked to my fibro. I had an xray on my knee done and it came back showing wear and tear, so I was told that I had osteo-arthiritus in my left knee.  It can be really bad for a couple of days and then I have no pain for many days after.

Take care wink x

• Posted

After 20 years of dealing with fibro I do get knee pain.  What I find is that both burn and then I can't wear heels.  Fibro goes to my knees with the burning and then moves along to another part of my body like my hips.  For me I take confidence in knowing the pain will move to another part of my body and give my knees a break.  Also, if it gets too bad I have my doc give me cortisone shots (in my back, shoulders, knees).  I hate this disease!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.