bad memory anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys and ladies im wondering weather anyone else suffers from bad memory sometimes I woke up this morning and I honestly couldn't remember what I did yesterday it took me about five minutes to remember also when I did remember i cant attach my feelings to the things I did yesterday I know i did these things yesterday but doesn't feel like I did is this all part of anxiety im wondering weather i should have a ct on my brain but thought I'd check with others maybe my ocd is kicking in

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have the same thing unfortunately rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi antsy i know it sucks i was feeling pretty good aswell thats the bad thing but ive also got pms which doesn't help. Do you also have the feeling of not feeling connected to the memory thats whats bothering me the most?
  • Posted

I feel like that at times also like rite now my head feels weird its crazy anxiety is the devil
    • Posted

Hi serigo thanks for the reply, what do you mean your head feels crazy maybe I can relate to it
    • Posted

Just feels not normal like maybe spaced out our heavy headed i guess its hard to explain
    • Posted

Omg yes thats exactly what ive had since I woke up heavy head and spaced out i call it cotton head i kinda feel a bit drugged
    • Posted

Your not crazy people that are crazy dont think they are i promise thanks for replying to my post and remember your not 😜
    • Posted

Your welcome any time i can help we all need each other's support we all need encouragement
    • Posted

Yeah we do this forum is really good alot of people have helped me get though the last few months.
  • Posted

Your brain is too busy being anxious and figuring out how to respond to protect you from the imagined threats to recall other things right now. It is normal. It will subside as you begin to take control. Are you taking any medication or any form of therapy for anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi purpledobermann thats a long name, thanks for the reply i have started therapy i was feeling alot better after seeing the dr but having a crappy day im not taking any medication ive got a fear of medication side effects i think thats part of my ocd.
    • Posted

All my names and surnames are long anyway. This is shorter smile Don't worry about your memory. I remember getting out of a cab in front of my house and not knowing where I was for like 5 minutes. I could not recall my age when asked on several occasions. I had blanks in my memory filmrolls. At the start of therapy it gets worse before it gets better. Any therapy. I chose medication as I was not functional. I was afraid too. I think everyone would be. In my case they helped however. My doctor did say that it can be worked out without but takes longer. I had a small baby. No time. Just...don't worry. Take every symptom with a pinch of salt. Convince your brain that you can handle it. Slowly take charge and be patient. It takes time to come out of it however which way you tackle it. It is a process. Anxiety I mean. No experience with ocd though. As far as I know that is...
    • Posted

And I still can't fully relate to some of my pre-treatment memories. Just beginning to reconnect slowly now after 12 years of treatment and 3 years off medication... It sucks confronting some decisions i made while foggy but it is liberating at the same time. Bottom line...It is all normal. You have a lot going on in your head. Give yourself a break.
    • Posted

Thank you for your story thats exactly how ive been feeling for months I get worried im getting a brain disease but its a huge relief to know someone else had the same problem with there memory Thanks so much I appreciate your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.