Bad Migraine Sunday... Still not got rid of it!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a bad migraine Sunday afternoon it started, meds took too long to kick in which was too late. had a sleep felt a little better.

Monday morning had the most horrendous pain across my eyes ever, kept taking Migraine tablets which had eased it a bit.

Fast forward to today and i still have a dull migraine, light sensitive hence i sit in the dark at work typing. I vary my work so i am not doing screen work all day either.

I had my eyes tested 3 months ago due to constant headaches, now the migraines have started again.

I have a doctors appointment for next Friday but wondering what else i can try?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Eye pain like that and light sensitivity I would have checked at eye casualty. I have had uveitis once and it presents like that. Eye pain in my opinion must be checked for alternative causes. Continual headache too. Especially if you don't react to conventional migraine remedies.

• Posted

Eyes are fine, i had them tested and he said that with stronger lenses i should be okay. i have been fine with the new lenses up until Sunday and i have had them for a while now. On sunday i was out in the sun most of the day and it was warm so i may have overdone it then anyway.

Migraines run in the family so i am not unduly concerned at this point, i dont have a continual headache this is more than that.

I am taking the tescos migraine tablets and they do work but they dont take it away completely, i was given sumatriptan to take but they are not doing anything for me.

I am seeing my GP next friday, soonest i could book!

thanks

• Posted

Hi. I so don't want to worry you unduly but an eye test that long ago couldn't rule out any sudden onset of anything going wrong with your eyes now. If you had pain in your eyes when this began and you are light sensitive with headache that lasts days on end and isn't responding to conventional migraine remedies I would get checked asap. You will have a local optician who can triage your eyes. Takes about 15 minutes. That is in uk. Good luck whatever you decide to do. X

• Posted

the pain is across my eyes not in them, i will phone them and see what they suggest.
  • Posted

Eye pain like that and light sensitivity I would have checked at eye casualty. I have had uveitis once and it presents like that. Eye pain in my opinion must be checked for alternative causes. Continual headache too. Especially if you don't react to conventional migraine remedies.

• Posted

The pain isnt in my eyes it is across my eyes above them, like a tightness if you like.

• Posted

hi Dawn, yes I know exactly what you mean. Across the brow. It's exactly the same symptoms I had with uveitis. I didn't have sore or red eyes particularly and could read as clear as day but still had uveitis. I just think it takes 15 minutes to check and it's worth ruling anything else out. It's not responding to migraine treatments that's what I would be concerned about. 

• Posted

Hi ladies

I'm a migraine sufferer since I was a child!

I find that migraine cool gel pads are a god send!

Laying down in the dark.

Do you have a lot of salt in your diet?

I find those spicy snacks,can bring on an attack too. I don't eat them now.

I also have them if I'm very stressed out, or my back plays up. A stiff neck

too can bring one on too. I have scoliosis in my lower back,and arthritis with a bulging disk.??Which doesn't help attall. I wear glasses being short sighted, which is also a trait, in my family! Moan moan! But all these things can definitley trigger,off a migraine! Not to mention if I have too much of chocolate, especially dark chocolate, a headache starts about two minutes after! cheese, citrus. I rarely drink alcohol maybe wine now and again,if I'm at someone's house for dinner.

Happy days liz??

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I will try the cool gel pads too i have those.

No i stay away from salt at all cost, not a salt lover anyway.

It could be stress and i do have a bad back also. I too have scolosis also. hence the bad back.

I dont eat that much chocolate, i limit the cheese and coffee intake also.

• Posted

Have you tried something like placing a warm towel across the eyes? It's only temporary but I know it helps me. It could also be cold. Or you can try what I like to call it sensory deprivation. You plug your ears, place a clothe over your eyes to let them rest in the dark, and keep telling yourself "calm down".

Those are few things I have that could help until your appointment.

• Posted

Thank you i will certainly give that a try,

thanks

• Posted

Sure. And if you get impatient, just "calm down" harder. 1 min at a time. You can even time it if you want to; then at the end you give yourself a pat on the back. Giving away all my "secrets" ??

• Posted

My migraines are different to yours, I don't get headaches but the aura is totally disabling; can't see properly, can't think, dizzy etc.  However, a book by Dr Tim Cantopher called Depressive Illness, the curse of the strong, was most helpful. It explains how the limbic system works (that seems to be what is affected in a migraine) and gives helpful advice. It also shows why doctors prescribe tablets like Amitrrptyline. 

• Posted

Hi Robert

I totally sympathise with you

I have auras, aswell. I get like a blue haze like dots in my vision, then I get the visual disturbance, where I can't see, out of my left eye properly!

It makes me feel washed out!

I hate it I really do. I don't get pain with this, I usually get that seperatley not soon after. The vision comes back which can be up to an hour! Then the pain kicks in slowly. I can feel sick trembling and can't eat. The best thing to do is go to bed and sleep in a darkened room. I usually feel more myself by the next day or a day after that. Rarely I have a bad head all week, but it does happen.??

Because I'm more susceptible to these attacks, because of my back and neck problems.But very aware of what I eat too. ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.