bad night....cough, cough cough

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good morning, and I am glad that night is over,  Started with the choking cough, goes on and on until I am on the verge of being sick.  I have been feeling sick for about a week and the reflux symptoms for me have become worse.  I can feel the cough coming up as I am typing this, I try and 'breath' it down.! Spent hours researching, as i could lie down, I am sure one day i am just going to choke on my own phlegm. Something has triggered this, my diet hasn't changed, but I am under a bit of pressure at work.  Can stress make the symptoms worse.  Does anyone else get the sick in your stomach feeling?. I feel really grim this morning, totally fed up....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry, I know how scary and fed up you feel. I don't have answers other than to say stress can make things worse. Sending you love and comfort as I have been going through a living nightmare for two years. Tomorrow I am scheduled hiatel hurnia and fundoplication surgery here in the US. I wish you all the best, miamia
  • Posted

Hi miamia

Sorry u r suffering so much

Yes I too feel sick most mornings and have awful diarhea my meds are not working sometimes feel like I can't breathe it's all so depressing I'm back at gastro doc today hoping he can do something for me

I believe mine was brought on by stress last apr as I had a total melt down worrying about a bone scan which revealed a spot on my spinal cord which u gp thought might be a growth but thank god turned out to be s birth mark I was in bits with worry them all this awful reflux started now it fells like I will never get my life back sorry for droning on

Hope we all feel better soon

Kate

• Posted

Good Morning    I got to the point which i coughed so hard and so often even during the day and it was quite imbarrasing.  People thinkin what is wrong with her, to the point of wanting and have vomited cupping my hand.   We were on a cruise waiting for my surgery date and it was awful i had wads of tissue to cover my mouth when it started....Thank God I am 4 months post op and all that left immediately after surgery....I have my life back and am sooo glad it was worth all that came with it...it is a slow recovery in the way of eating atleast for me it was.  Exactly 3 months into it that it took to eat all foods again.Good Luck and give it time.....stress to me did add to it, as it does stir up the acid in the stomach which in turn i believe brought on the coughing....God Bless

• Posted

Thank you, it's truely awful.  I can feel the cough coming up now!  The sickness has been with me all day and I constantly belch.  Does anyone else have this symptom?
    • Posted

I cough and it feels like there is hair in my throat so I keep coughing until I start gaging and sometimes having to throw up. This happens at work I get embarrased too. Then lately my food feels like it gets stuck in my throat and chest. I've been burping a lot since this has happened and that's not normal for me.
    • Posted

What operation did you have that fixed your problem? I have a appointment on Tuesday they will do a scope of my throat and chest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.