Bad Outbreak

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed more than 20 years ago and my outbreaks have been really mind and infrequent.  Now I'm having the worse outbreak I've every experienced.  Multiple blisters and they're very painful.  Any idea why the symptoms would be so progressively worse?  There's nothing new in my life and I'm really perplexed by this.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have you ever tried home remedies or antiviral medications to treat?

Home remedies: tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar

Antiviral medications: acyclovir, prosurx, valtrex, famvir 

These may cure blisters and prevent outbreaks effectively. I think you also need to boost your immune system to prevent outbreaks. You should eat more lysine, vitamin C, E,A foods to promote your health. Also, it's importnat to avoid stress . This can trigger your herpes

• Posted

Thanks jenifer1303!  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I've added Olive extract to my diet as an antiviral treatment, restarted my vitamins and will resume taking the apple cider.

Have a wonderful day and thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Belinda

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I have a few steps I take to prevent and calm down outbreaks. Maybe alcohol or diet is triggering it? 

1. Take the medication your doctor prescribes, it will lessen the period of your outbreak

2. I take immune system boost vitimins so that my immune system can help to fight off and calm down the virus.

3. If possible, have a rest day on your worst outbreak, stay in bed so that there's no friction to make it worse

4.  I SWEAR by these products! Melissa lemon balm oil (if you're going to buy get a genuine product, I got mine for £5/10Amazon for 10ml, a 50ml would be around £30) and licoris root extract! Put on a cotton swab and rub on the area, yes it may sting but trust me, it will heal it up over a few days! You could try getting these at a pharmacy but I was told not to put anything on it, although if it's organic it won't do much harm.

5. Just general exercise and a good balanced diet (for me this is the hardest 😂wink

Hope you feel better soon! 

• Posted

jane81748, thank you so much for taking the time to response.  I'll definitely give these a try!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.