Bad pain 2 years after revision

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a revision of my knee and its never gotten better. It was better for about 3 days then has gotten really bad. The drs are trying to figure it out but all the MRIs show that there's to much glare from the implant. im so frustrated. this was my 4th surgery on this knee for the same issues. Any suggestions? I'm really exhausted both physically as well as emotionally.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's awful for you 4 surgerys on same knee. Why arnt you suing them, that's so wrong and they still can't fix it...someone had to be responsible for all this trauma. Why died you need revision in the first place...that sounds horrific have they apologised to you , I would be so angry at that hospital....was it same hospital you had the 4 surgerys in? I hope you get some answers that can help you and you'll get it sorted.

• Posted

I actually had a partial knee replacement then a year later I had to have the full then a year and a half later the spacer had to be replaced and went up two sizes then a little over a year later it became loose. Finally smartened up and got a knew surgeon. I had the revision and after a year or so I actually thought I was going to be ok and a week later it started hurting bad again. It has been getting wirse ever since.

• Posted

emotional exhaustion is just as bad as physical pain. I'm SO sorry and I'm right there with you with 2 sprained MCL one in each knee!!!!

• Posted

It's really exhausting. I feel for you too. Pain is hard to handle especially since I have to work also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.