Bad pain a week before 7 day break from pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I started taking Ovranette last month.  I'm only recently sexually active so I'm all new this stuff! I'm in my 20's.  I started taking the pill a few weeks before my period was through but from looking online, I should have taken it the first day of my period?? Anyway, I'm experiencing bad pain a week before my 7 day break which is when I get me 'period'. Anybody on here experience that?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Niamh,

What type of pain is it, and where is it located? It is more likely related to something else, other than the schedule of the pills. If you are only recently sexually active, pain in the lower abdomen (assuming in lower abdomen) can indicate bladder irritation or cystitis in some cases... Do you have also other symptoms, like frequent urination, or difficulty urinating, burning sensation? Of course, it is not excluded that pills can cause such symtpoms in some cases. If you are still experiencing a bad pain, you should not wait, you need to see a doctor.

• Posted

Hi Suzanbel,

It's like a period pain and would get them a few times a day for a week before I take a break from the pill. Could it be my body trying to get used to the cycle? I don't have any difficulty urinating. No burning sensation.

• Posted

Hi Niamh,

It could be early cramps, or in some cases abdominal pain can be a side-effect of contraceptives, or some other conditions. I advise that you see an Ob/Gyn to get checked, to exclude any serious causes.

• Posted

Booked an appointment to see my doctor next week. I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'm sure it's cramps or a side effect. I don't have any other symptoms. Thanks for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.