Bad pain on and off in my left side between bottom of my ribs and top of my hip.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been experiencing a pain of different intensity just below my left rib and can go down to just above my hip. it has been going on for 15 months now. sometimes it feels like a big uncomfortable knot and sometimes the pain is so bad that even breathing in hurts, so does moving, twisting, bending over. sometimes it feels like something is ripping in there or twisting. has anyone else had this? what was it? i have colonoscopy booked in soon. my stool test said i had mild elevated calprotectin.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Sabrina, i don't understand why you're in so much pain other than you've physically done something like twisted muscles, pulled something or torn something. have you seen maybe a physio or something about this? if you have physically done something some physio might help. contact your doctor's again and ask for more investigations. whatever you've done it sounds painful!

• Edited

Hello. I am curious what you have found out, if anything about your pain?"

• Posted

Hi I have this pain also, left pain underneath my left ribs I've had colonoscopy and endoscopy and all seemed fine, I'm being told by my gp I have ibs the pain comes and goes every couple of weeks, it can be debilitating on my mental health

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.