Bad reaction to Paxil

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took Paxil for the first time on the 25th. I felt fine at first, but at 1:30 the following morning I had an incident in which I passed out a total of three times. It felt like my blood pressure had suddenly dropped. The nurses on call didn't seem too bothered by this, but I was genuinely convinced I was going to die. Now it's been two days since then, and I'm still feeling a lot of the side effects. My blood pressure is very unstable right now, I feel very tired and restless, my muscles won't stop twitching, I've developed a very itchy rash on my hands, and overall I just feel very sick. I went to the hospital for a sudden spike in my BP, but they didn't find anything suggesting an actual medical problem. Is there a quick way to flush this awful stuff out of my body? How much water should I be drinking to speed up the process?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh my Angel-baby I am sure that this was a very scary experience for you. I don't know how much water to drink but I drink at least 8 glasses a day anyway. Since you were on it such a short time lets hope the reaction will pass quickly. Please keep us posted. Diane

• Posted

It was very scary. I was genuinely convinced I was going to die. I've had a lot of bad reactions to medicine but this one was by far the worst. I've drank a lot of water since then, as I lost a lot of fluid from sudden and intense diarrhea, but it still seems to be moving slowly. Hopefully it eases up soon...

• Posted

Sounds like you are allergic. Did you call the doctor that prescribed it? Or the pharmacy? You may want to keep flushing but I would call the doctor. I was on Paxil I didn’t want to get out of bed in the mornings. I went off of that and was put on Effexor it worked great for me plus I needed klonopin and a mood stabilizer I have bi polar depression along with panic attacks and constant crying jags. Please call the doctor and remember it takes time to find the right meds to help you

Much love 

• Posted

I did not, as it was given to me in a behavioral hospital setting by a nurse there. I luckily had an upcoming doctors appointment anyway, and I'll be checking in with him tomorrow. I'm a bit iffy on taking new medicine just because the experience was so traumatizing. Ciprofloxacin makes me hear voices telling me to kill myself but somehow Paxil managed to be 1000x worse than that. Maybe I'll consider new meds when these side effects ease up.

• Posted

I’m so sorry I hope that you will be alright yes luckily you do have a doctors appt coming up quickly please tell him everything about all meds that were given to you best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.