Bad reflux every time I eat

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I've posted a few times the last few weeks I have had lots of tests and it turns out I have bad reflux which is good as last week it was looking as if I had a serious birth defect that may have been the cause of my symptoms , thank God I'm ok .

My reflux story started 3 weeks ago where every thing I ate gave me instant food rising up into my throat and pressure in my upper tummy.

I'm pretty sure the reflux has started from my huge intake of NSAIDs i was taking for a pain condition I have .

I've cut right back on the NSAIDs down from 2500mg to max 1000mg ive gotten alot better however still every time I eat the dreaded reflux starts ..

My question is does reflux ever go away if you stop the thing that triggered it " NSAIDs "

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

"Not a doctor". I would suspect everybody is different. NSAIDs can be very hard on the body. I would say it depends on how much damage was done.

Just wanted to warn you though about NSAIDs though. I took them in small amounts almost daily no problem for a long time. One day I got injured and was in lots of pain. Got prescribed a high dose of Naproxen. After a two weeks of the high dosage I developed tinnitus and hyperacusis. Two years later it's not as bad, but if I take the smallest amount of any NSAID everything becomes super loud and unbearable. These side effects are known to be caused by NSAID usage. Sometimes it is reversible and sometimes its not. In my case it has improved over two years time but I still have issues caused by them that I did not have.

The thing is I trusted my doctor and she was ok with my NSAID usage. But after problems happened she said "oh yeah NSAIDs are really bad for you. and this can happen" At this point I have pain meds that don't work at all or I don't react badly to them. So now I go without them hoping that I wont get injured or my pain won't flare up again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.