Bad Skin From Acne

Posted , 8 users are following.

What are some ways I can have better skin. I have acne and it is hard to find any ointments becuase it triggers acne.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alan,

It depends on the severity of your acne really and if you have already seen your gp about it.

The first thing they normally do is give you a topical lotion for your skin and if that doesn't work, then antibiotics and if that doesn't work then they may refer you to see a dermatologist. Then they will assess you from there.

I am currently on Accutane and it has changed my skin forever so far. I would look into Accutane before you make any decision and then go from there, but Accutane would be my recommendation to anyone with bad acne ??

• Posted

What is my skin type?

I suffer from redness and itchiness on my cheeks when I don't put any moistuirzer to my face.

I usually have breakouts and clogged pores and enlarged pores.

What is the type of my skin: dry or dry combination or oily or oily combination?

What should I use as a spot treatment for acne??

• Posted

A way to help withut even having to use ointments (but this is from personal experience so it may be different for you) is to wet your face when you wake up and pat it with a dry towel, do the same before you go to places and when you come back and also before you go to bed to reduce the amount of oil on your pillow. Oil tends to float over water so what I sorta think is that when you wet you face with water, it helps lift the oils off your skin and you get it off when you wipe it off with the towel. It's been helping my acne quite a bit since I started a few months ago. It also helps to have a good acne scrub but some of them can activate acne, so it's hard to find a good one.

• Posted

Hi alan77088

Have you tried bicarbonate of soda?

It's a natural household product typically used for cleaning and cooking...but because of its bacterial killing properities I find it really helpful for spots! I find this stuff works better then anything I've tried before both on the market and perscribed.

If you mix a bicarbonate soda with water gradually till it makes a paste...then apply the paste to the spots....let the paste dry on your skin then wash off with warm water. Finish off by splashing cold water on your face to seal the pores. Don't apply anything else...I find doing it in the evening then the next moring the spots have dramatically reduced. For your driy skin, what ever product you use make sures it oil free and suitable for sensitive skin. It's a case of trail and error over creams. I still get a shiny face and spots from using creams but I've learnt to accept its a part of who I am too. Hope this is some help to you.

• Posted

HI,

for acne you have to use honey .MIx 2 tablespoon honey with 1 tablespoon cinnamon mix them , after making the paste aplly it on your face acne area and leave on for 10.15 mins and rinse off completley and pat your face dry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.