Bad sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi woken up in a pool of sweat, freezing cold. I feel like I haven't slept. Anyone else get like this? I take venlafaxine, quitiapine and propranolol

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take venlafaxine and gabapentin for pain management. I have been on ven for 18 months now. I have noticed that first thing in the morning once up and had a shower that my body seems to go into melt down. It will take at least an hour of doing nothing before the sweating stops and I feel normal again. It is a side effect of the drug which my he exacerbated for you as you are taking different additional meds to me. Have a chat with GP.
  • Posted

How long have you been on it? My night sweats have just calmed down after 6 weeks on  Ven. I moved up to 225 a week ago. I was like you waking up sweaty and then cold. What dose are you on? 
  • Posted

Hi, I’m so glad I’ve found this discussion! I’m taking 225mg of Venafalaxine a day, and also 40mg of Propranolol 3 times a day. Only in the last week have I been having the most horrendous nightmares with vertigo, and waking up in a huge pool of sweat...I’ve been on both drugs for over 2 months, so I’ve not idea why this has just started? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.