Bad Sleep pattern after a holiday :( Jetlag, or sleep disorder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past 4 nights, my sleep pattern has completly screwed me over on pne night i had s*** sleep then on others i had good sleep, and on others I also had good sleep but got to sleep at ridiclious times. I have made a list on my sleep pattern this week.

Help on how to fix would mean the world to me cry

Monday - 22pm - 10 am = 12h

Tuesday - 4am - 6am = 2h

Wednesday 22pm - 9am = 11h

Thursday = 1am - 8am = 7h

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry for spelling error
  • Posted

Hi Henry,

There's really no need to panic over just a few nights' disrupted sleep. If you really want to fix this in your mind as your new permanent sleep pattern, I'm afraid this kind of angst is just the way to do it!

The idea of a "perfect night's sleep" is just a myth. Once we get into adulthood, our childhood sleep pattern inevitably starts changing - partly to prepare us for being parents, when sleep really flies out the window for a few years!

I suspect you're still quite young and this is the first time it's happened to you. Just stop worrying about it, accept it, and you'll find yourself going into a new norm for sleep.

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback Lily. You've made me calm down and feel alot better for tonight! smile

ill be honest, I am one to worry alot. And to answer your assumption yes I am young (12)

• Posted

But what if it goes on for more than a week let's say, or two?

• Posted

Well Henry, it will go on for a long time if you get anxious about it! That's how these things work. Even if it goes on for life it won't actually harm you, just make you feel tired.

There are a lot of trolls out there convincing people like you that you'll die if you don't sleep 8 hours per night. None of it is true. I slept poorly from childhood, it got much worse when I spent a year or so working an impossible shift pattern in my mid-20s, and my sleep never recovered after that. I spent the next 40 years sleeping badly, and things only sorted themselves out when I retired from paid employment seven years ago. (I guess there's a message in there somewhere.wink)

And yet here I am, at age 73, still perfectly fit and healthy. Forget about all this. It will be a bit difficult for the next few weeks, possibly months, now you've scared yourself, but don't give it too much attention. If you sleep, you sleep, if you don't sleep well some nights you'll feel tired the next day, but nothing whatever will happen to you. If all the trolls were right about lack of sleep killing you were right, I'd have been dead before your parents were born!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.