Bad smell coming from nose

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi sorry for this in advance. but heres my story i got a tooth out 2 weeks ago and since then i have suffered with nose and sinus problem's yellow snot and when i bend my head over i feel it slowly starting to drip. that doesn't bother me as much but the smell coming from my nose is horrible. never had anything like this before i seen my GP today and he gave me antibiotics day one started. and my dentist done all sorts of x-rays to look for infection nothing came back on those. anyone else had this issue? i

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi colin , iv had something sort of the same but i didnt have a tooth out , mine started with a tooth ach then turned into sinusitis , i had full facial preassure in all my upper and lower sinusis i had a post nasal drip often woke in the night and had to spit it out and yes the bad smell really is bad smell between burning rubber ans mouldy bread all common symptoms of sinusitis , i had never had sinusitis before until the first time was about 3 years ago when i was 33 since then i get it 2-3 times a year , what did the docs put you on doxy ? hops so there the ones that have worked best for me usually within 2-3 days the bad smell stsrts to go then the preassure in my face and head , i also used to turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom for 10 mins in the steam that helped me and i also use octravine , hope you soon feel better

take care and rest up x

• Posted

thanks so much for your reply yeah my dr put me on Doxy. hope this clears it am at my wits end with the smell. i was fine until i got this tooth out 😦

• Posted

i had a root canal tooth taken out last december and still suffering from sinus problems just onright side , ive had dentist xray and also seen oral consultant, almost six month gone by and i still dont feel right , facial pain , even psin in roof of mouth , been told its trauma from tooth extraction , back to consultant in june, feel i need a scan to check things, sorry to go on but its been bad , hope you feel well again soon , i blame the dentist i had no trouble with sinus before .

• Posted

am the very same i was fine until i got this tooth out now qm suffering with bad smells coming out my left nostril it would make you sick the smell. my dr doesn't seem concernd but i am.

• Posted

yer i think sometimes dentist can do more harm than good but pleased your on doxy they may make you feel really sick in the morning but certainly do the trick , the preassure pain was always the worst for me , dr said i could be prone to sinus problems for rest of life now due to the damage from the first infection i sort of know when im getting it now and get straight to drs and get biotics to get it gone before it gets a hold and that way only usually need 3 days of doxy instead of the full 7 so least i dont take more biotics than neccasary

• Posted

yeah its horrible and yes the doxy did make me feel sick but am still going to be taking them. my gum is still sore from the tooth extraction and my left temple sometimes. overall i kinda regret getting the tooth out. bad smells pain. hope we all feel better we are all in the same boat. again thanks for your reply.

• Posted

ave found drinking a coffee or tea helps it makes my nose clear and takes the small away for a few hours. sneezing seems to trigger it or when i blow my nose.

• Posted

antibiotics seem to be doing the trick gritting Better day by day. hope yous are of doing well.

• Posted

I want to share my story. Maybe this will help somebody. I had a foul-smelling green nasal discharge coming from my right nostril for a couple of years. I had to bend down, to get it out of my nose. Horrible smell. Antibiotics didn't help. Three different rounds - no result. Then I had a 3D scan done at the dental office for the implants. And the dentist saw a small foreign body in my nasal passage. The piece of the filling from my root canal broke off and got into the sinuses. It was sitting there causing the inflammation. I was lucky this thing was travelling and got into the place where the surgeon could access it. They removed it. It was several mms big. The foul discharge completely stopped after that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.