Bad stitch up both sides.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Earlier this year I had a double blockage caused by a stone in each side with 3 mire in my kidneys and had a double stents.

Long story short i still have three in the lower poles. A 7mm in the one and 2 smaller ones in the other.

They have Decided to leave them in for a year .

I suffer constant severe stitches up both sides into my ribs . Also pain in both kidneys

Can anyone suggest any relief for the stitches ... it's really painful and sometimes constant.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mike it's Sarah again. Funny you should say this, my pain is like a stitch as well, horrible isn't it?

One thing that does help me is to lie down with a hot water bottle placed where the pain is.

You may well have tried that already.

Why are they leaving you so long? Do they not realize how painful and uncomfortable they are?

My pain is very spasmodic, one minute I can be fine and the next in agony.

I am braving it and going away for a few days tomorrow.

It is only to a college just a mile or so up the road from me and I have been there many times before.

Apparently there is going to be a retired GP on the course as well, and I have met him before, so I thought I'd be safe!!!

Ironically it is a Healing Ministry course, so you never know, I might come back without my stone.!!

Sorry you are having so many problems and being messed about.

Thanks again for all the support you are giving me.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah,

I haven't tried heat but will invest in a hot water bottle.

Unfortunately it often comes on very suddenly regardless of whether I'm standing or laying down.

My kidney also feels like a fist closing when it gets really bad

My gp has tried to bring surgery forward as they're still there since January do i don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon but no luck from the hospital.... not even a courtesy call.

I suppose may/April isn't that far away lol

Thanks for the response.

All the best and hope you come right soon.

• Posted

Hi Mike, how frustrating for you to have that ongoing pain and no surgery date. I was in the same situation before I had the stent put in. Repeated renal colic and a UTI brought things forward. I don't think I could have gone another week past the 7 weeks I had that stent, and you've got two! I have the kind of pain you describe now that the stone has been lasered. I'm finding tramadol and panadol to be very helpful in relieving that pain. My GP is prescribing that. I agree with Sarah, applying heat to the area does help. These stones are very debilitating and I'm sorry for anyone who has these complications of large or multiple stones. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you Mary

I have today received an appointment through the post for 2 days time instead of next may . Hopefully a surgery date to follow soon after .

I react to tramadol and morphine . The only thing that helped was diclophenac ( sic) but that was a short term treatment and my gp refused to prescribe .

Anyway... Hopefully get some answers soon 😊

Thank you for your response

• Posted

Hi Mike,

So happy to hear you have an appointment and things are moving forward. The waiting list could be your next hurdle, so frustrating waiting all the time when you're in pain. Good luck!

• Posted

Great do keep me updated. Managed my holiday with only one kidney stone episode. I took my painkillers including morphine with me so it did settle down.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.