bad taste in mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had the operation march 2018 to deaden the nerve that was causing the pain an it left me with a frozen mouth on one side its still frozen after over 2 years but now its weird my mouth tastes awfull i have to chew gum most of the time but after all said and done i have no pain any thing is better than the pain any body else have this

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi,

I have not had bad taste but same but numb left side of mouth 2 years post mvd and partial rhizotomy. you can click my name to view my posts. I can only guess that it might be because you can't chew on that side and can't feel if food may be stuck in your teeth cavity.

• Posted

i have googled the bad test and it says could have some thing to do with nerve in brain and i spoke to the hospitol that did the op and i have to see them end of june

• Posted

Hello There. I'm sorry you're still feeling so upset about the numb feeling in your mouth and I know it's an unpleasant sensation. I've had T.N for many years and have experienced every level of pain and now have both the numbness and the pain. I've learned to just ignore the numbness and just think of it as holding back some of the pain just as medication does.. Personally , I find the the numbness is worse just before the pain intensifies so it's a sort of warning to be still and try to avoid too much movement of the head and face. I can only say Good Luck with it and let's hope that the researchers soon find some hope for us all.

• Posted

thanks for that but now its the dry and bad taste in mouth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.