Bad taste in mouth after filling

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a filling on 4/11/15.  The pain is now away but on the side of my mouth when i was given the numbing injection or where the filling is, i can taste like a chemical taste, i have brushed my teeth 4 times today and also used mouthwash twice and tast is still there!!! Anyone ever had this or know any suggestions what it could be? I would call the dentist but being 18.43pm they are closed, any help would be great.  Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would depend on the type of filling you had. I am assuming by what you say is a chemical taste that part of the filling has come away, and you can taste the pure floride beneath.

I would ask the dentist in the morning, just to make sure and get it seen to.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi les63,

The filling has not come away at all i think it might be the injection fluid from the numbing but not sure if thats possible? Ill call the dentist tomorrow morning and get a definitive answer. Thanks for your help.

Ciaran

• Posted

It's from the shot given to numb your mouth. Numbness goes away after a couple hours but takes longer for your body to get rid of it and some of it is released from your tongue which is why you constantly have a bad taste in your mouth. Drinking plenty of water might help it go away faster. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do to make it go away faster. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.