bad tkr results!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello all! i have an update! just a little history, i had a tkr 8 months ago and every since day one it felt loose& unstable,not to mention the in intense pain! i competed 3 months of hard therapy but i noticed that even after therapy my knee was very,very stiff& painful! the whole part feels like it's coming apart!! so at this point i have the option to let it stay like this or have surgery to correct it! i really don't want to go through that again bc that's 3 more months of therapy &more pain! I'm nervous bc it's starting all over again! any advice will be greatly appreciated! surgery is scheduled for Dec 4th!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What kind of surgery? Do the doctors admit that its loose?

• Posted

he has to clean it out,he claims that it's all scar tissue but I completed 3 long,hard months of therapy plus swimming, the bike& I went back to work! while doing all of this I kept feeling the whole joint move,I was very unstable trying to walk& the pain is unbearable at times!even in my sleep when I move,I can feel the piece moving,more like grinding! no,some doctors won't tell u if it's their fault so no he didn't tell me it's lose but he doesn't have to bc I can feel it& it's painful, swollen &I have a horrible limp!any advise that I give me Will be greatly appreciated

• Posted

I had 8 months of long, hard physical therapy, to no avail. the scar tissue grows faster in some people, and there is no explanation. There is a study being done by an ortho doc in charlotte, NC about why some people have a problem with scar tissue and some patient's don't. Let him clean it out, do the manipulation and start over again with your PT. You should be fine..

• Posted

Yes, after he did the artoscopic surgery to clean out the scar tissue. Unless he cleans it out first manipulation won't be any good. All of this was done at the at the 9th month. I think I said the 8 month before. Had to recount....

• Posted

are u better now? Did it feel as bad as it did the 1st time u had it done? Did u stay in the hospital overnight?what has been ur experience the 2nd time around?

• Posted

Oh and when he goes in arthoscopically, he can tell whether the implant is in correctly. Actually they can with an xray, .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.