Bad Week

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thinking of changing my Sign In to Got a Lot Worse after a rotten couple of weeks. Taking meds as have been since February mainintaining a pulse of around 70 but have been feeling very lightheaded/slightly dizzy and wanted to hold onto something if I stood for very long, then walking home yesterday I almost rang 999 but stupidly carried on walking home battling to breathe and keep going. I hadn't had a strenuous day.

When I got home it took my BP which was 173/107 and my pulse was 94. Only change in meds was an increase in Levothyroxine to 100 mg. 

I'd stopped monitoring my BP but started again over the past week as I've got a GP appointment on Friday.  On Monday my BP was 132/84 and 70 pulse.

Has anyone else had these relapses for no apparent reason and if they have could they please let me know what the diagnosis was please?

Needless to say I rang Cardiology last week to try and bring forward my next appointment which is an annual review in February and they didn't want to know....

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling much worse,this can be an absolute nightmare ! I do hope you get things sorted soon..Gooid Luck

PS..since my almost fatal ablation in August this year, i am now seeing my blood pressure up & down, but my most worrying monitor stat' is my pulse rate, it use to be "At Rest" around 70/75 bpm, now its in the 90's "At Rest".. on my next visit i am having a echocardiogram, i just hope they dont suggest beta blockers.

At the moment i take Apixaban 5mg x 2, Candesartin 4mg,& Sinvastatin 20mg, & I dont really want to continue with the Apixaban or Sinvastatin if i can help it...reason bladder problems, poor flow, occasional blood in my urine [going in monday for the test]also impotence...looking at the side effects of the Apix' & Sinva' these side effects are all possible...sad

• Posted

What has been concerning me most, though, is tension around my head and neck, and a feeling of numbness/pins and needles in my right arm. As I'm not on a blood thinner I was concerned I might be about to have a stroke: are there any warning signs or do they just hit people out of the blue?

Will let you know what my GP says tomorrow but not hopeful... 

If I were you I'd ask if there were any 'similar' drugs you could try: and 90 at rest seems high to me. What about a tiny bit of bisoprolol, say 1mg to bring it down a bit (I'm on 1.25 and it's not too bad - but we're all different - something I wish the Doctors and drug companies/pharmacists would take on board in their prescribing!)

All the best for Monday.

• Posted

I have read comments on the Bisoprolol forum that even a small dose like 1.25 can cause very noticeable side effects. I am on this dose and I have had pins and needles, more back ache than usual and headaches. It does control my heart rate though. An increase in thyroid meds can put up the heartrate.
    • Posted

Thank you, Madge. Will mention it to my Doctor (not being disrespectful to them but other patients often help me make them aware of things they don't know about!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.