Baffled.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anybody have sore ribs in your right side when you cough/laugh or bend and walk etc? Yesterday it was more under my ribs at the front and today its in my side behind my ribs. I have also got a sore collarbone and neck on my right. But i am baffled that i get all these but i don't get attacks!!

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

You should get checked out, your symptoms could be from one of

Several symptoms.

• Posted

I have Janet. I have had all my bloods done, endoscopy, shoulder x ray, chest listened to, oxygen levels checked and abdominal ultrasound and all that was found was a 2cm gallstone and mild gastritis
    • Posted

Then you should have it removed Dianne, that's likely what's causing the problem
  • Posted

Hi dianne, yes I did before my op. I had 2 x 2cm stones, gb enlarged inflamed and infection. Think its when you move around or stretch and bend they sort if get trapped and rub on the gb wall, very painful. I also found sometimes when bending it was if I was pinching bits , takes your breath away. Also if you do a big yawn and forget to hold yourself. Pleased to say all those symptoms gone instantly after op :-) good luck
    • Posted

Yep, one gallstone is more than enough to give you heaps of discount. Mine was stuck in bile duct and really made me ill, second attached to gallbladder neck.The pain is horrific, had breast cancer and that was easier to manage than the pain from gallstones. So though no attacks keep off of dairy foods as you may get attacks.

• Posted

Nothing does "weird symptoms" like gallbladder issues so yes I would say that this is exactly what can happen when you are stuck with a gb problem. I have among the above, other strange symptoms like face pain, trouble breathing, etc. Chest pains happen everyday too but I also feel the pains on my right side often, at least 5 days out of the week (and that's a good week) I have felt pains on my ribs too and this is expected because the gallbladder is very close to the lower ribs on the right. I agree with Janet74211. Get checked out if you haven't been to a doctor yet. Better safe than sorry.
    • Posted

i have been checked out and i am waiting for a chest x ray because i told the gp i was worried it was my right lung. She checked my chest etc and said she didn't think it was my lung but because i was worrying she would send me for peace of mind. I had an x ray the other week of my right shoulder which was fine but i am not sure if my lung would have showed in this?
    • Posted

They check the shoulder especially because it is linked to the lungs so the lung results would be made clear through the status of your shoulder. I was also told that my lungs sound fine and that the pains are probably from the gallbladder. Don't worry. It will work out for you. Just bare with it for now.
    • Posted

I believe so yes. So be at ease. Right shoulder and right chest pain is rather common among those who have GB problems. Also be patient and just try to hang in there. It's not easy but you will be ok.
    • Posted

Yes I do get these pains. Dr says it is to do with me having a gallstone.

HAVE YOUR GALLBLADDER REMOVED, GET THE THING OUT.

Hope all goes OK with you

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

Hi, I still get these pains, not all the time but once every couple of weeks, I can't take a deep breath in or move its so painful. Had my gallbladder removed two years ago. But there is nothing they can do tos top this pain& I'm sorry to say all the other pains that I get. I tried diets, had many scams and tests..supposedly I'm in the group of people that are unable to diagnose why the pains still continue..hope this isn't the case for you..also...I have a stomach ulcer now..and that pain was connected to that ..just something to mention to your doctor.. all the best x
  • Posted

I am in constant pain day and night but coughing and sneezing gives me a very sharp pain under the right ribs which penetrates into my back and is definitely related to the gallbladder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.