Baggy Skin??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Due to start soon and have a LOT of weight to lose, for all the members who have lost weight, do you have much sagging skin, arms/tummy etc, as this is what I'm afraid of?

thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. Well..... I brought a vibration plate, slender tone, made sure I massaged every cream and lotion in I could lay my hands on.

My tummy is a bit saggy still. Million sit ups won't get rid of sad but I have had a big baby too so she might be to blame lol. Apart from that the rest of me is ok and I still look better than I did! 

Tuck my saggy skin in my knickers and smile 😆

• Posted

To be honest it depends on your age a lot as well. Over 40 years old, skin loses its elasticity and baggy skin is slightly inevitable. Exercise and creams help and are damage limitation. If you are young then you will probably be ok 

I have about 14 stone to lose (wait a minute...12 stone 5lbs nowcheesygrin) so definitely  concern of mine too!

X

• Posted

Yeah it's something I'm concerned about too I'm absolutely covered in stretch marks head to toe so I'm not sure how much elasticity my skin still has. Anyone have any idea if bio oil is any good I know it helps to reduce the stretch marks not sure about the baggy skin?
  • Posted

My target is 3 stone loss so much less than some people. Its a huge concern to me so im well and truely dedicated to exercise as well as the weight loss side.

it's taken alot of work. A year ago my tendons were so week I had pain within 400m and couldnt walk my dogs adequately which was one huge reality check. I forgo a holiday and got a personal trainer. I now run, do boot camp sessions, swim and do gym workouts.

any level of exercise is good even if you startat 10mins twice a day and build up. I have huge admiration for people on 'a year to save my life' I think if they can do it then so can I

good luck (been on pill for 1 wk and lost about 5-6lbs)

• Posted

Look unless you started out at half ton hospital size any loose skin will not be a problem i think all of us on here are hardly in that category. There will be some loose skin but hardly so much that you will be wrapping it around your neck on like a scarf!

Believe me as you get smaller you won't even worry about those things and at the end of the day you can also get it cut off but i wouldn't even think about anything of that until you reach your goal weight. no cream or oil is ever going to give you a washboard stomach so stop worrying get healthy and think about it all further down the line. Trust me been there done that

X

• Posted

Thanks all, really should be worrying more about if I can lose anything at the moment, and less about the "saggy skin"!!! Lol!
    • Posted

just take it a stone at a time and believe me when your nearly at goal whatever that is you won't be worrying about skin and if you are it is never going to be as bad as you may think it is now x
  • Posted

Thanks x I really hope so, tried and failed so many different diets sad 
    • Posted

I was the same but i stuck to this god knows if i hadn't actually took my head out of the sand i would have been even bigger by now :O x

stick to it you can do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.