Bags/black circles

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced bags and black circles under eyes with mono??? If so, how long did it last? A few hours after waking?

All day?

Days?

Maybe weeks?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hi Jay, my brother and i have had them for around a year now

• Posted

Thanks for the comment Ashley. Reading this has helped me with some reassurance.

• Posted

hi,

seems to go with this disease. Quite classic especially on bad days. Be well.

• Posted

yeah, i think yesterday and today are bad days for sure. Thanks Krys.

• Posted

Hi Jayce,

Although thankfully it wasn't something I experienced during mono, I have read others talk about how that has been a symptom, bags or black circles under the eyes during mono.

It's just such a strange and awful virus in how it can affect so many different areas of the body with different and frustrating and nasty symptoms.

Just want to reassure and encourage you absolutely though that this virus and all its symptoms do go completely with time. It's hard to see or believe that when in the midst of feeling so unwell with it I know. Your body has AMAZING powers of recovery Jayce, it gets knocked for six during this thing but slowly it does recovery and kick the virus out completely. Vitamins and herbs to boost the immune system can really help your body cope and fight the virus.

Hoping for a settled day for you today, still thinking about you and believing 100% in your recovery, thanks to Jesus.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig. I seriously wouldn't know what to do without you on here.

• Posted

hi

i got sick in august'-18

the circles started in january'19

for a few weeks

then dissapeared

i figured it was malnourishment as it started after i cut grains out of diet-

i started eating steel cut oats/1 slice ezekial toast /daily

they faded

make sure your diet is balanced

could be sleep too or lack of?......

hope that helps!

• Posted

I feel like I get plenty of sleep. Maybe its just, yet, another nasty symptom of mono. Thanks for the response Starr!

• Posted

youre welcome

check your nutrition too

it probably is just a symptom!

• Posted

Oh Starr and Jayce this is such a horrible virus and I just continue to hope and pray for complete healing in your lives - even if you're struggling to see or believe that right now, please know that others are believing for you and have the faith for you at this time (I believe in your recovery thanks to God).

I know how much it helped me at times when others told me they had the faith for me when I was so weak and weary and wanted to have strong faith and belief but was struggling because of the circumstances - that meant so much and please know today I have the faith for you even if you're struggling right now.

"Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" (Isaiah 41:10)

Hang in there, recovery is ahead, praying for God to bring you out of this character season and into a period of anointing in Jesus name.

Thinking of you today - and remember you will get better, that is the truth.

Craig

• Posted

I fell ill a year ago and i still have them. they have faded significantly but days when i dont get sleep or feel like i have lower energy they are more prominent.

• Posted

Pretty much recovered! Still feel kind of odd sometimes, like when I'm particularly tired or stressed I feel a little weaker but nothing significant at all. if anything, any lingering symptoms i have are just mere annoyances at this point and i just brush them off. sorry for replying so late!

• Posted

thats fine i understand i am just trying to beat the anxiety and let myself feel better. Much easier said than done. Just like seeing recovery stories to give me hope.

• Posted

Yes, it definitely is easier said than done, but you will get over it eventually. In the moment it can be difficult to control your thoughts and remember to bring yourself back down to earth, but something that I've been telling myself to help me keep calm is that anxiety is like a different voice in your head that only wants to destroy you. It is not the real you and it is not based on reason!

• Posted

It's so much easier said than done to cope with the anxiety Josh, I really do empathise as someone who has had issues with anxiety myself. This virus really knocks your confidence and knocks you off your feet for a while, but your confidence and strength will return again, it can take a little time so don't beat yourself up or expect too much of yourself too soon - it's normal to be feeling this way and hoping and praying the anxiety and worry will settle for you - believing that God will take this away, hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.