Bakers cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 23 years old had no injuries or surgeries.

I've had pain at the back of my knee and sometimes on my thigh and calves for the last 2 months.

when i touch the back of my leg it feel slightly more raised than my other leg. When i bend up and down my knee also clicks. It feels stiff and when i stand the back feels tight like its being pulled.

Any ideas what it is? Could it be bakers cyst ? the pain i an experiencing is no where near as bad as how bakers cyst sounds though.

im really confused anyone have any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sounds like exactly what I am going through I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and meniscus tear in knee the only thing more concerning me is something pulled behind my knee and then I couldn't walk

• Posted

hey katerina thanks for the reply. sorry to hear. What were your symptoms and how were you diagnosed?

• Posted

I would suggest that you see a doctor to have imaging done to see what has happened to the knee. You may just need a few sessions of physiotherapy, but you don't want to begin something on your own without a diagnosis.

• Posted

thank you for replying! i have been but my GP looked at my leg with my pants on done a tiny quick examination and didnt really say what it was. the only worrying thing for me is the duration of this. It has been going on for 2 months now but doctors dont seem bothered so i dont know what to do 😕

• Posted

we really need to be our own advocate, especially for medical. I have severe neck degeneration and for two years my doctor misdiagnosed it. I kept going back and insisting on more tests until they found out the issue. If you aren't getting answers you are comfortable with, go back, insist the doctor prove there is either nothing wrong, or that there is an issue. Either way, you obviously want answers that only imaging can provide. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.