Bakers cyst after tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 5 months post bilateral tkr. Now the right knee has developed a bakers cyst. Very painful. Did anyone else get a cyst after tkr? What is the best thing to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jen, I'm 1 month post Op tnr, boy, rougher than expected! But I haven't heard of a bakers cyst, I will be following to see the replies you have. I wish you well

• Posted

I have a baker cyst, had one before operation it burst dueing operation but now hav one back that is stopping me from getting a knee bend, saw my dr last week he told me it will take nine months for it to disperse
    • Posted

Hi Marie

I had a bakers cyst for almost a year prior to my tkr in September 2016. It eased up shortly before my op but it feels as though it has returned as I too am having problems bending my knee. I'm seeing my PT tomorrow and will see what he has to say. Hope your cyst disappears soon.

• Posted

Hi Jen

A Baker's cyst is caused when excess joint fluid is pushed into one of the small sacs of tissue behind the knee. When this sac fills with

fluid and bulges out, it is called a cyst .

The cyst is a symptom of something else going on in your body. Perhaps arthritis, an inflammation.

Kind regards

judith

• Posted

Thanks everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.