My thigh above the cyst is etremely swollen and hard

has anyone else experienced this with a bakers cyst

its not red

gonna call doc monday

hugs to all ty for any info

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to call the out of hours doctor or go to A&E. It might be something that needs urgent attention. At least call the doctor and they will be able to tell you if it can wait or not.

• Posted

ty will be calling Monday

hubby who drives me and takes care of me back has gone out

tc and ty

• Posted

HI. i have had a baker's cyst. My knee and the area around it was very swollen. I endured it for about 12 months until eventually I had a steroid injection into the joint. The pain relief was remarkable and it allowed me to actually do some of the exercises I had been given by a physiotherapist. I could walk comfortably again and slowly rebuild the muscles. That was all over 12 months ago now and although my knee is not totally pain free, it is no longer swollen and I feel as though it is rehabilitated. I'm not sure how helpful my experience is but I thought I would share. It might at least give you some hope. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

ty 😃

i did have a injection in April

hopefull she wil give me another

tc n ty again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.