Baking Soda Anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since I cant take Flomax, my urologist has suggested that I add 1 Tablespoon of baking soda to water or lemonade 2x daily and drink it down. Supposed to break up the kidney stone and make it easier to pass. Have any of you ever heard of this/tried this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scareddcat    Want to share what I take.  I mix 3 parts of cranberry juice with 

1 part real lemon juice.  Shake well, add ice and I call it my sunrise or sunset depending on the time of day or night.  This mix along with my Herb called

Chanca Piedra, ( comes in a capsule )  Really does help to pass the stones as 

long as they aren't Huge of course.  I have stones in both kidneys and I pass stones as frequently as 3 times a week. Hate to admit it, but seems my body is a strange one as I keep producing them.  Even had many surgeries to remove them.  So give it try.  I wish you all the best.  Take care

• Posted

Thanks Faith in him. I appreciate your input. I can't even imagine passing 3 stones in a week. I've practically got my life on hold waiting for the one to pass! How do you deal with the pain and nausea when they are passing? Do you go to the hospital each time? I live in constant fear. I can't swallow pills (or capsules) which is why Doc suggested the baking soda.

• Posted

Hi Scareddcat

Well I have pain from other medical issues that I have.  Safe to say that I have pain daily from one thing or another.  You learn to live with it.  Luckily I do not get nausea very often with the stones.  Sometimes I can pass these stones with very minimal pain.  When it is severe, I will take 

one muscle relaxer to ease the spasms.  I use a heating pad and sometimes, I wait it out.  If I thought a stone was stuck, pain off the charts, or bleeding then yes I would go to the hospital.  Most of the time I'm home and I deal with it. I have problems with my liver and spleen so I mostly use Herbs that are safe and no over the counter medications.

I listen to my favorite music which is uplifting.  I Pray a lot and of course drink lots of my cranberry & lemon juice.  I wish you the best and you hang in there and take care!

• Posted

A friend told me about Robinson's Lemon Barley Water recently so I am trying that.

Had a really bad episode of stomach pain on Friday and another one at lunchtime today.

If I am still like this tomorrow I will ring the surgery and say that someone has got to work out what is going on here. It's another 5 weeks till I see the urologist in Bristol and that is just a consultation not an operation date.

Hope your baking soda works. Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I passed 13 stones in a 72 hour period. I had kidney stones for over 40+ years. My body made kidney stones but now it doesn't. I have been taking Potassium Citrate for the last 7 years & it works for me.

My Urologist told me he had never had a patient have a recurring kidney stone, if they took this stuff.

It works for me. ALL KIDNEY STONERS NEED TO DO A SEARCH for POTASSIUM CITRATE on their computer.

It cost me $125 for a 90 day supply. I take 1500+ mgs twice a day .

A urologist makes a living  removing stones ,  NOT PREVENTING STONES WOULD HURT THEIR INCOME.

POTASSIUM CITRATE CHANGES YOUR URINE'S ph Balance.

• Posted

Wow, this is sure worth looking into.  I've had stones in both kidneys for a year and a half.

They keep coming back.  This would be a blessing for sure.  I pass stones sometimes 3 times a week.  It is just unbelievable and I would really love to have this illness over with it.

I will definitely be checking this out.  Thank you stonefree  Best wishes to you 

• Posted

CORRECTION from EARLIER MESSAGE :  BY PREVENTING STONES WOULD HURT A UROLOGIST'S INCOME.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.