balance between extreme tiredness and right dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help me, I'm really struggling with either being KO'd by tiredness or deep depression.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I feel the same ..been on ven since March now .. Havnt felt any good at all.. I took some pro plus (caffeine & glucose) last week ..I feel it gave me the kick I needed.. I done the house work 1st time in a long time ?? made me feel so much better.

• Posted

I had the same problem, I was on 75 mg venlafaxine XL, I have a busy job , venlafaxine helped with the anxiety but I lost intrest in everything , I just go to work come back and sleep, this resulted with problems with the wife , not to mention that my son calls me sleepy head, i drink lots of coffee , I bought a medicine over the internet that has cognitive enhancing abilities etc, I was skeptical to start with , but it does help with the fatigue, I will not give the name of the medicine as what worked for me not necessarly will work for you
  • Posted

How long have you been on this does and what is your dosage at?  When my doctor increased my med from 3.75-75mg I was exhausted and had no interest in life in general for two weeks.  I the third week though, I had energy like crazy again.  Maybe you just need to wait out the leveling process?  How long has it been?  Maybe it's time for an increase?  Have you talked to your doc?

• Posted

It's been a long time now I was on citalopram but had a bad experience that blew me out of the water. When I recovered the doc put me on slow release then 75 and now 150 I just crumpled under the fatigue of failure. What I do now is skip the meds so I'm alive at the weekend for my family

So its a balancing act between the meds stable but dead beat or anxiety and alive enough to stop my family from worrying about me. I've been 150 for 6 months now

• Posted

Hi again Bill,

Those meds you are on are both for depression, are you being medicated for a major deppresive disorder?  No wonder you are so tired.  I wonder if there is a bad interaction going on there.  You've probably done this already but I googled the two meds and came up with this:

venlafaxine oral and citalopram oral

venlafaxine oral and citalopram oral both increase affecting serotonin levels in the blood. Too much serotonin is a potentially life-threatening situation. Severe signs and symptoms include high blood pressure and increased heart rate that lead to shock. Combination may increase risk of potentially life-threatening reactions such as serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a neurological disorder).

I would see a doc and talk about that if I were you.  You could be experiencing a bad interaction.

• Posted

How strange to give 2 drugs from the same family .. I hate ven I'm gona come off it.. hopefully citrolpram is better for me.. I'm at my wits end ??

• Posted

I was thinkinglad the same thing sharon, two from the same family.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time on the venlafaxine. It saved my life. I feel more normal now than I have for most of my life.

Hope you find something that works for you.

• Posted

I went straight onto this from mirt which had made me so ill... I think maybe should of had a break ..Iv been them on 5months now..I'm so low all the time. I cnt sleep so have to have zopiclone. .I have no motivation at all plus I take lithium. .Iv put a discussion up about citrolpram but havnt had much input.. thankyou ??

• Posted

Sorry to mislead you the bad experience put me back in full depression while taking citalopram. The doc and I thought I'd lost the effectiveness of the drug. So venalfaxine was the replacement. It's only since then I've struggled with the fatigue side effect which is having domestic implications now.

My apologies for the confusion

My appl

• Posted

No need to apologise really.. I feel maybe that's what is happening to me.. I was on sertraline for 2 years didn't do much at all made me yawn alday long if I went shopping like a supermarket the lights would zap the life out of me ..Sooooo tiring.. so then I went on mirt for 5 months great on 15mg slept like a baby went upto 30mg the side effects were awful. . I didn't want ven was on it many years ago with sleeping tablets.. I asked for citrolpram & she said no. Put me on ven again ..Iv felt no good from it n have to take zopiclone to sleep.. just feel like I'm in a vicious circle.. I got a box of pro plus with glucose & that actually made me feel better I managed to get off my bum & do the housework ?? are you getting bad sweats on ven?? My head & face is terrible even when it's not hot.x

• Posted

No sweats but I recognise the shopping challenge must be pupil diolation "too sunny"

I'm in bed now

My usual day is just work and sleep I'm not really interested or bother about food

I'm a contractor So I get no pay if I don't work and payed off if I'm sick. I've found I can hide the anxiety better than the tiredness so I think you my be right about having a full break from meds.

Thanks for the idea

• Posted

I believe coming off ven is awful bt iv come off it before n can't remember having any WD . My day is sitting in the chair I just cnt get motivated. I look fwards to bedtime..not that I can sleep.. I think I'm gona wean off see how I manage ..then go the docs .

wg

What are you gonna do? You thought about just taking 1 pill instead?

• Posted

I'm in insurance and it was almost impossible to function while I was foggy and exhausted.

I went back and read your post, I'm the one that misunderstood.

Maybe the dosage isn't high enough. When I Sam tarred on 37.5mg I was there for 6 months but started feeling really exhausted after the 3rd month. I was exhausted for 3 months. Basically working and sleeping. So when you are on one dose for too long it can stop being effective after a bit, I didn't know that. Now that my dose is high enough , I'm good.

• Posted

Geez my texting is bad. I meant to say : when I started
    • Posted

It's really helpful to hear there is positive outcomes to some of these posts

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.