Balanitis & C-Reactive Protein Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have what seems to be classic Balanitis.  It seems to come and go.  The glands of my penis look puffy and shiny when I am erect.  This condition has been with me for about 5 years now and nobody seems to be able help me.  One of the many doctors I have seen gave me a C-Reactive Protein test to test for infection in my body and nothing came up.  Is this normal for Balanitis?  Unfortunately I have to have an erection to show the puffiness of my penis glans and that is difficult when you're standing in front of a doctor. 

Should balanitis show up in a C-Reactive protein test and how on earth can I get rid of this problem.  I've used every anti fungal cream in the world as well as a myriad of other creams and nothing will cure it.  It's starting to take a psychological effect on me.  Please help.  

Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

We need to get back to basics here. Forget about C-Reactive Protein just for the moment. When you have an erection is it possible for you to retract your foreskin such that is comes all the way off your glands penis? Also you might mention youe age. Thanks for this question.
    • Posted

Hello.  I am 43 and circumcised. The puffiness and swelling look (shiny and bulging around the rim) looks like the skin has been burned around that area.  It's not the whole glan.  Just the rim and about one quarter of an inch up from the rim.  No skin covers it when erect. 
  • Posted

Dom, you have been forgotton..

• Posted

Sorry Domonic. This somehow just went under my radar. The appearance here is typical of a post fungal balantitis. Fungal infections, most particularly Tenia infection, leave that pigmented, or as you say, burned appearance. This is normal and nothing to worry iabout in the absence of any other symptoms.
    • Posted

Unfortunately there is a daily buld-up of a white layer which will not go away. I have tried all sorts of anti-fungal creams and they just won't work.  It swells up allot, expecially after washing.  Soap aggrivates it. As far as I can see whatever type of infection it is, it is still there. 

• Posted

I might add that it gets itchy and sometimes cracks the skin below the rim causing a little bleading.  I have tried creams containing Clotrimazole but they simply won't work. Jock itch hasn't worked as well.

It smells quiet bad and builds fast.  Very embarrasing and difficult to get rid of.  I've had it for years and it simply won't go away. 

• Posted

Domonic. You are not going to be able to solve this throught this forum (good and all as it may be). You need to see a dermatologist and get yourself properly diagnosed. I know you have seen a lot of doctors already but don't give up. Swabs need to be taken. Vitiligo, lichen planus, schleroderma and many more are possible diagnosises.
    • Posted

Ok. Thanks very much for your help anyway.

I have already had a swab test on this and was sent away with nothing. I don't know what else to do. Maybe it just needs to be done again. neutral

• Posted

Hello Andrew.  I have a question relating to the below topic.

I realise you have suggested going to a dermatologist for help but I have been trying some tinea cream containing 'Terbinafine' which seems to be working.  I'm wondering if you know much about this chemical.  The Tinea cream is normally for feet but it seems to be working for me.  Once a day application.  There is also a 'apply once' cream containing 'Terbinafine' but I am wondering if I should use it?  I have only been using this a week and it seems to be clearing things up.  Should I be looking for Terbinafine cream made especially for genital tinea or can I use any as I have been?  Thanks

• Posted

Hi Domonic, did this cream end up working for you? Or was there any other solution, as I am too having the same difficulties it appears you faced. 

Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.