Balanitis FIX fourm

Posted , 3 users are following.

So guys ive had a very sensitive penis for the past 3-4 years and have never had it looked at, however on friday the 22nd of nov im finally going to the doctor to get a diagnosis. And hopefully fix it ! If anyone has sufferd with this then please help me and others who suffer with it by posting methods in this fourm. Also ive had sex twice with the condition and both times after the sex it felt so painful, even today the day after it feels painful to touch. I have been tested for chlamydia and gonarhea and both came back neg. The glands is red but not as red as others ive seen that have the condition.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear friend, if u have pain after intercourse u have balanitis or balanoposthitis. you confirm with doctor they will give hydrocortisone cream nothing to worry! but I think u keep abstinence is better !to reduce the swelling !have a good day! best luck!

• Posted

I've had bouts of balanitis over the years and to be honest, it usually just needs managing rather than drastic action. After some bouts (which have left scars) I learnt to clean with warm water and let it dry naturally with the foreskin retracted as long as you can. If you have any vigorous fun it's always worth cleaning after and also letting the glans "calm down" as they say. I also always retract my foreskin when having a pee so no urine accidentally gets under there, and give it a good shake after (not to vigorous though!!). My balanitis still flares up occasionally now but nowhere near as bad as when I was younger, though that didn't help having a tight foreskin back then. Good luck!

• Posted

thank you so much for the advice, so there is no cure ?

• Posted

In all honestly I don't think you can cure balanitis (apart from the obvious operation) but manage it as best you can. As long as you keep to the usual things, mainly cleaning the glans with warm water and letting it dry naturally before returning the foreskin to it's natural position, it shouldn't really cause you many problems. One thing I learnt quickly was that certain condoms really irritated my glans and the scars & ridge would flare up afterwards. Luckily nowadays I don't use them, but if you do make sure it's a water based lubed condom. Lastly, if you're ever "exercising" your own, water rather than petroleum based lube is a must!

• Posted

So does yours occur a lot and is there a way to prevent it from occuring fast ?

• Posted

It does flare up every now and then, sometimes with no warning and when i've done nothing to warrant it. I mainly put this down to the scarring of the very thin tissue that the glans has on it. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in my 20's and 30's though as I tend to keep my skin back regularly nowadays. To be honest though, when it does occur i'm used to it now and it goes away after a day or so.

• Posted

okay guys so i went to the doctor and was diagnosed easily that it was balanitis, given a cream which is the best anti fungal out there apperntly, if anyones nervous about going dont be she was so calming and the feeling you get after is a huge sense of relief !

• Posted

also, should i wash the cream off before apllying it again ? or leave it and just apply over it, and how much cream should i put on and how long for ?

• Posted

Okay guys so the cream did nothing if anything its worse, i also have dischrage now which is very werid. Never had this before using this cream also the tip of the glans is very red and i mean very red now. I have no idea why but yeah. Im going back YET AGAIN to get tested for absloutley everything and im starting to think my gf could of cheated on me and caught an std lol 8(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.