Balanitis or something else

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageFile size is timageoo big

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Wondering if you guys think I have anything to worry about here.. Went to GP yesterday and had her look at if it looked like herpes .. I am hsv 1 positive and had a risky exposure exactly a month ago but havent had any of the "typical" symptoms .. I masturbated a couple times this morning and it seemed to flair up a couple of red spots but theyve mostly went away by this afternoon as you can tell by the picture... Lemme know what you guys think or have any questions ... The doctor told me it wasnt anything to worry about and didnt look like hsv 2 but she also didnt mention balanitis ?

• Posted

Can try and take a picture of it erect if that will help anyone...

• Posted

bump, can someone please tell me what they think?

• Posted

Balanitis is simply a generic term for redness and irritation on the head / glans and / or foreskin of the penis - it tells us nothing about what caused it or how to put it right.

You may have issues related to your sexual contact - but it is the skin issue that I can help you with.

For the majority of males a great deal of this kind of problem is caused by using soap, shower gel and contact, usually when showering, with other body cleaning agents such as shampoo. Use water only to clean the penis, use running shower water or water from the tap to clean the penis rubbing with the inside of the hand and fingertips. To dry, you must remove all traces of moisture using a clean dry towel that only you use.

After masturbation, you need to do a full clean up, tissues first, then wash with the running water and clean dry towel to fully dry. Following sex or masturbation ejaculate can still appear from the meatus for some time afterwards - you may need to be vigilant and check on this and do further clean-ups for up to 2 hours after ejaculation.

• Posted

thank you so much.. I actually did start using a new body wash a couple weeks ago and have since in the last two days discontinued using it to clean my penis... Ive been using lotrimin cream as well for 2 days which also seems to be helping clear up. its basically non existant today ... My partner from a month ago told me she had a yeast infection a couple weeks after our encounter so I suppose its possible this couldve been a male related yeast infection?

• Posted

But would you be safe to say it doesnt really look like an Herpes outbreak correct? Having no other symptoms

• Posted

So yes, certainly, if you mean is it possible for a male to develop a yeast / fungal infection, then, pass this to a partner during penetrative sex, then that would be quite common.

For males to develop yeast / fungal infections this is often linked to hygiene issues - so get the basics right, shower everyday if you can, and certainly, freshly laundered underwear every day. Often there can be issues related to sweat, and this most often is linked to regular activity such as active sports, regular training, gym workouts and that kind of this where sweat is often to the point of saturation of sports shorts, underwear worn during these activities, or, particular sports related clothing such as cycle shorts.

If you are active - all clothing where sweat id involved should be removed as soon after activity has ceased, and a shower and fully drying with a clean dry towel that only you would EVER use are the essentials ....

• Posted

Certainly the seems to be no signs of an STD / STI present - the main factor with any of these issues is that you need to have to have the full range of tests to rule out any possibility if you feel you have been in a risk situation .....

• Posted

thanks for the response I hot tested teice for everything ans everything came back negative except an old exposure to hsv 1 but never have any symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.