Baldness or not ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I'm 15 years old and I would like to know if I have baldness or not. My hair is very thin base.

A picture here :

The picture was taken with the flash to the fact

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This doesn't appear to be alopecia areata. Your hair looks thin, has it always been thin? Or are you just now noticing it thinning? If so, maybe you should get your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism can cause thinning hair. Call your doctor. 

• Posted

I know they were always very thin, but before I banged, so it was less
    • Posted

So maybe you just have thin hair? 

Looks great to me, I have none! 

• Posted

Yes, it is possible even if I have Mediterranean roots ^^
    • Posted

I don't think you should worry about it. Wear your hair so it doesn't accentuate the thinning.  XO

• Posted

Are you male or female?    Are you taking any medications?   You definitely have some thinning on top.    There are things you can do to help, but need to answer those two questions.
  • Posted

Here is a new photo, it looks like there is a hole 
  • Posted

It looks normal to me. If you are so worried about it, go to see a dermatologist.  You can also get a powder to match your hair so your scalp isn't as obvious. It's just that your hair is so dark you are able to see your scalp easier. I really think you are fine though. Stop worrying!!

• Posted

Yes, it is the starting of hair loss and you need to be wary in this situation. As you said your hair is very thin base than you should consult with a hair restoration expert who can give you a proper solution for this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.