Ball of Foot Pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My PF started out in the heel of my foot but just over two weeks ago I started to get severe pain in the ball of my foot. There was concerns of sesamoiditis but that's been ruled out. Have any of you experienced plantar fasciitis in the ball of your foot?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would be very unusual for PF to occur in the ball of the foot. The usual location is at Its insertion at the base of the heel. I assume the pain can be anywhere along the fascia but it should not begin there unless there is focal trauma in that location.

Has anyone suggested a Morton's neuroma to you?

• Posted

Hi,

i am having this too. I think I may have a stress fracture but the dr says the X-rays are normal. I can't hardly walk due to the severe pain. I have point tenderness on the top and bottom in the ball of my foot. Getting desperate for help. If anything, the podiatrist has just made things worse.  Except.....my heel no longer hurts.   

• Posted

Plain X-rays are often negative for the first two weeks in a stress fracture. Repeat the       X-Ray or ask for an MRI.
  • Posted

I went to the urgent care last night.  I have a fractured bone in my foot. The podiatrist missed it even though he x rayed me 3 times over a 2 month period.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.